一、
A: G’day mate, what are we doing this arvo?(你好,朋友,下午我们干什么去?)
B: Well I thought we might have a barbie.(我以为我们要去烧烤的。)
A: Ripper!will you invite your new boyfriend?(太好另外!你会把你的新男朋友带来吗?)
B: Nah,he’s hassling me because I went to the pub last night!(不带,就因为昨晚我去了酒吧他就一直烦我到现在!)
A: Fair dinkum ?!What a dag!(真的吗?!那太没有风度了!)
二、职场交际
A: I went to a work related function last night .(我昨天晚上去了一个和工作相关的活动。)function 盛大的集会
B: Oh no! those are usually so boring .i don’t like being forced to make small talk.(哦,不会吧! 那些通常都非常的枯燥。我不喜欢强迫自己和别人交谈。)
A: Actually, it was very useful. I met some interesting people that might be able to help me when I want to start me own business.(事实上,还是很有趣的。我遇到了一些有意思的人,如果我想要开办自己的公司他们可能会对我有帮助。) B: You want to start your own business? Do you have any business experience?(你想要开自己的公司?!你有做生意的
经验嘛?)
A: After all the networking I did last night, I know lots of people who can help me . and you know what they say…it’s not what you know but who you know!(昨天经过我的一番交际,我认识了很多可以帮助我的。而且你知道他们对我说什么吗。。。办公司不是看你了解多少而是看你认识些什么人!)
B: Next time you have one of those function,don’t forget to invite me !(那下次你有这样的机会,不要忘了也带我一起去吧!)
三、听上去更酷
A: What’s up man?(你怎么样?)
B: Hello ken. Why do you talk like that? Are you trying to be a cool guy? Why can’t you say “hello”?(嗨,KEN。你怎么现在讲话变成这样了呢?是不是想要装酷呢?你不可以就说“你好”吗?)
A: Haha. I just got back from vacation in los angeles. Everyone talks so informally there. It is a very relaxed place。(哈哈,我刚从洛杉矶度假回来。哪里每个人说话都很不正式。那是个非常休闲的城市。)
B: What do you mean? That there are different ways of speaking?(这是什么意思?说话还有不同的方式?)
A: Yes, I would never say “what’s up man”to my boss, but on
holiday or with friends it’s okay.(是的,我对我的老板绝对不会说“what’s up man”,但是度假时或和朋友说就没有关系。) B: Okay I understand what you mean. So we can use different words to say the same thing in different situations.(哦,我明白你的意思了。那么我们可以在不同的场景下使用不同的单词来表达相同的意思。)
A: I really like informal english, it’s more casual than formal english.(我真的很喜欢非正式英语, 和正式英语比较起来轻松休闲多了。)
B: Thankfully we have formal english or I would’t understand what you were saying !(幸亏我们有正式英语否则我真的不可能明白你在说什么了!)
四、大学里的那些事
A: I hate having to get up early and go to work everyday. I miss university where I could get up around 10am and still get coffee before my first class.(我讨厌每天必须早起上班。我想念当初上大学是可以在上午10点左右才起床,还可以在第一节课之前有时间喝杯咖啡。)
B: You’re lucky! I had to get up at the crack of dawn when I was at university.(你真幸运!我在上大学时必须在破晓时分就起床。)
A: Really? That’s madness! what time did your class start?(真
的吗?那太疯狂了点吧!你几点开始上课呢?)
B: My first class usually started around 10am.(我第一节课通常在上午10点左右开始。)
A: So why did you get up so early?(那你为什么那么早就起床了呢?)
B: Well, let’s just say that I shared an apartment with three other guys!(哎,原因就是我和另外三个人一起合住一套公寓!) A: Ok! Say no more…I would also have woken up at the crack of dawn to get to the bathroom first!(知道了!无需多说…那样的话如果我需要第一个进浴室也得在破晓时分起床了!) B: Exactly!(就是啊!)
五、保护环境
A: You will never believe what I saw today!(你肯定不会相信我今天看到了什么?)
B: What!(看到了什么?)
A: I saw this man walking in the park. As he finished eating his chocolate, he just threw the wrapper down on the ground! I was so disgusted!(我看到公园里有个男人。那人把吃完的巧克力包装纸随便就扔在了地上!恶心死我了!)
B: That’s terrible ! I wish people were more aware of taking care of the environment. What did you do ?(那也太差劲了!我真希望大家更爱护一点环境。你是怎么做得?)
A: I yelled at him of course. He eventually picked up his wrapper and stormed off.(我当然是对他大叫了。他总算最后把包装纸捡了起来然后逃走了。)
B: Good for you! I am glad that you stood up for what you believe in.do you want to go for a cigarette?(你做得对!能为自己的个人信条而挺身而出我为你感到非常的高兴。想去抽根烟吗?)
A : Sure!(当然!)
六、描述你的英雄
A: I think that it’s great for people to have a hero,don’t you ?(我觉得一个人有崇拜的英雄真太好了,你不同意吗?)
B: Yes! I completely agree. I think that it is important to look up to someone, to admire what they have done; it helps us to lead better lives. My hero is mother theresa. She is a real inspiration!(当然!我完全同意。我认为崇拜某个人,敬佩他们做的事非常重要;这可以帮助我们去争取更好的生活。我的英雄是theresa修女。她真是太激励人了!)
A: My hero is david beckham. He is the best football player in the world! I really admire him and hope to be like him one day .(我的英雄是david beckham。他是世界上最厉害的足球运动员1)
B: Wow daren! I did’t know you wanted to be a football player!
(哇,daren!我以前不知道你想成为足球运动员!)
A: Oh no, I hate football! I just want to be good looking,rich, and famous!(哦,不是的,我讨厌足球!我只是想成为一个漂亮,有钱而且有名的人!
第二篇:英语口语对话话题 3
G 旅途中的意外事件
D: Daren, have you seen Adriana ? we’re all booked on that boat trip this afternoon. (Daren,你看到Adriana了吗?我们都订了今天下午的船票。) H: No. If she doesn’t show up soon , we’ll all be late!
(还没。如果她还不来,我们都要晚了!)
D: I know! If we’re late , the boat will leave without us .
(我知道!如果我们迟到,船就要开走了。)
H: Have you looked in the kitchen? She usually leaves a note if she goes out. (你看过厨房了吗?她出门的话通常会留个条子。)
D: Good thinking ! Oh look, she did leave a note …
(有道理!快看,她留了个条子…)
H: It says,”Boat left early. I couldn’t wake you guys. See you later!”
(上面写,“船提早开了,我没能叫醒你们。待会儿见!”)
D: What? She went without us ? if that boat doesn’t sink, I’ll drown her when she gets back!
(什么?!她自己先走了?就算船不沉掉,等她回来我也要淹死她。)
H: Paolo, I remember Adriana trying to wake us this morning ! I pretended not to hear and I went back to sleep. (Paolo,我想起来了,Adriana 今天早上叫过我们!我假装没听到又睡过去了。)
D: Me too…(我也是…)
H 旅游机票
D: Hey,Ken. I’ve booked our flight to London for next week。
(嗨,Ken。我已经订好了下周我们去伦敦的飞机票。)
H: Great! What travel agent did you use?
(太棒了!你用的是哪家旅行社?)
D: I didn’t use a travel agent.(我没有用旅行社。)
H: Oh, you phoned the airline , huh?
(喔,你直接打了电话给航空公司吗,啊?)
D: Nope, I booked it online and printed out the email with the flight information. (没有,我是在网上预约的还把有航班具体信息的电子邮件给打印出来了。) H: Oh, cool! So what time is the flight?
(哦,太好了!那么航班是什么时候呢?)
D: We’re flying with BA at 21:00 from Newark to Gatwick.
(我们将乘坐BA航空公司21:00的飞机从纽沃克到盖特威国际机场。) H: Ok, so how much was the ticket?
(好的,那飞机票是多少钱呢?)
D:It was $250.
H: That’s cheap! Give me my ticket and I’ll give you the money.
(真便宜!你把票给我我就给你钱。)
D:I can’t . We have e-tickets. Airlines don’t print tickets anymore.
(不行。我们买的电子飞机票。航空公司不在打印机票。)
H: E-tickets? Does that mean I can pay you with e-money?
(电子机票?是不是那我就要用电子货币付钱呢?)
D:Forget it ! Hand over the cash, Ken.
(别啰嗦了!就把现金给我吧,Ken)
I 在美工作趣事多
D: How do you enjoy working in America Paolo?
(Paolo,觉得在美国工作怎么样?)
H: It’s ok. I do miss working in a real Italian restaurant though.
(还可以。但是我很怀念在真正的意大利餐厅工作的感觉。)
D: Really? What’s the difference?(真的吗?有什么差别呢?)
H: People in here think that Italian food is just Pizza and Pasta…
(这里的人认为意大利菜就只是比萨和意大利面。。。)
D: Oh…it isn’t?(哦。。。不就是这些吗?)
H: No,not at all! I really do miss making traditional dishes. The great thing about workng in a foreign country is that I can really learn a lot about American food.
(当然不只!我真的太想念做那些传统的意大利菜了。但在国外工作对我来说最有利的就是我能真正了解到美国菜。)
D: Sounds like you’re making the most of your time here! What have you learned about American food so far?(听上去你正充分利用你在这儿的时间!那到现在为止你都学到了哪些美国菜呢?)
H: Well, mostly that there isn’t much to chilidogs and fries!
(嗯,大多数都是些像香辣热狗和薯条那些东西!)
J 英语讨价还价
D:Hello Mr.Lee. I’d like to place an order for 100 kilos of potatoes,20 kilos of broccoli,75 kilos of tomatoes and 55 heads of lettuce.(你好,李先生。我想要顶100公斤的土豆,20公斤的西兰花,75公斤的西红柿和55棵生菜。)
H:Ok. When would you like those to be delivered ?(好的。你想要这些东西什么时候送到呢?)
D: I’d like those by Wednesday at the very latest?(最晚周三送到?)
H:No problem. Your bill comes to $170. (没问题。费用将是170美元。)
D:Mr.Lee, I consider myself a very loyal customer. In fact , I often spend a lot of money here .Could you give me a discount , please?(李先生,我认为我是一个非常忠实的客户。事实上,我在你这常常花很多的钱买东西。你能给我一个折扣吗?) H: Yes, I can give you a10% discount , but only if you spend over $150.
(可以的,我给你10%的折扣,但是只是在你花费超过150美元的情况下才能享受。
D: It’s a deal. Thank you very much.(行。非常感谢你。)
K 你相信第六感吗?
D:If you had to give up one of your five senses,which one would you give up? (如果你必须要放弃五官中的一样,你会选哪一样呢?)
H: It would have to be my sense of smell. Sometimes, I think I could do without my
nose, but I couldn’t live without my ears. If I couldn’t hear, I’d never be able to listen to music again! What about you ?(那一定是嗅觉了。有时,我甚至认为没有鼻子也行,但是如果没有耳朵我可不能活。如果我听不到了,我就不能再听音乐了!那你呢?)
D:It would have to be my sense of touch. If I lost my sense of smell or taste, I would never enjoy a good meal again.(那一定是触觉。如果我没有课嗅觉或者是味觉,我就再也不能享受美食了。)
H: Do you think it’s true that if you lose your sight , your other senses get stronger? (你认为如果失去了视力,你其他的感官就真的会敏感起来?)
D:No ,I don’t believe that! Why don’t you try wearing a blindfold for a couple of weeks, and see if your other four senses get any stronger?
(不,我决不相信!为什么你不试着戴一两个星期的眼罩感觉一下呢,看看你其他的四个感官是否更加敏感了呢?)
L 、新工作的第一天
H: I started my new job as a chef today.(我今天开始我的厨师新工作了。) D: How is it going ?(情况怎样呢?)
H: It’s going ok. I’m still trying to learn the ropes.(还不错。我还在努力掌握诀窍) D: Are you getting the hang of things?(那你掌握了诀窍了吗?)
H: I’m trying…but I’m still not sure I’ll make the grade.
(我正在努力。。。但是我不确定我是否能符合要求。)
D:But you’ve been cooking for years!
(但是你已经当厨师很多年了呀!)
H:I’m still not sure I’m up to it. I might just call it a day.
(我还是不确定我能否打到要求。我可能就这样结束一天的工作。)