在云端Up in the Air影评观后感

时间:2024.5.20

Review of Up in the Air

I saw several films during the summer holiday. The most impressed me is the film Up in the Air, it was directed by Jason Reitman. The first night of it was on Dec 4th, 2009. At first, Up in the Air was a novel written by Walter Kirn. He wanted to adapt it for a film, but no production company was willing to invest in it, because most of the scenes of the film happen in the cabin. Coincidentally, it was found by Jason Reitman. Reitman loved it very much, so he added richer plots and lines, and adapted it for a film.

Ryan was the leading actor in the film, he was a professional conversion consultant, that is, he was a person who helped the companies to dismissal their staff members. This job required him to be very marblehearted and to fly to everywhere continually. He was satisfied with his unfettered life style, had no friends, no home, and kept his families at a distance. He said, “Make no mistake your relationships are the heaviest components in your life. All those negotiations and arguments and secrets, the compromises. The slower we move the faster we die. Make no mistake, moving is living. Some animals were meant to carry each other to live symbiotically over a lifetime. Star crossed lovers, monogamous swans. We are not swans. We are sharks.” He said that we should empty our backpack so that we can move fast.

Something had changed after he met Alex. And his sister’s marriage made him want to repair his relation with his families, and face up to his love to Alex. But Alex had her family already, and when he achieves his aim, he found that what he had was meaningless.

After seeing the film Up in the Air, I have thought for it seriously. I think most people can't agree with what Ryan had said completely. In our real life, many people hope that they can live relaxed, unrestrained, and free from all anxieties. But, it won’t be a happy life without difficulty or pressure.

I think, life just like a ship, was ready to carry things. If we carry nothing, then we will lose the focus, and sink. We need to carry many things besides love in the journey of our life, such as the job, the heavy burden of life, and the mishap. It's true that live with pearing a heavy burden is the state of live since human being's emerge. We need love in our life, the love our family and our friends give us gives us warmth, and it brings us happiness. We need goals for life, if no, our life will be voil. So, we need power. And the impetus of making progress comes from the pressure. Only when we let our life pear a heavy burden will it be full of pressure. Live without pressure, we will feel relaxed, but we won't feel the real happiness. On the contrary, we feel we live under the pressure, but we can get a lot.

In a word, I think the bag is the point of life. It's heavy, but it loads everything in the past. It's a treasure.


第二篇:Up_In_the_Air(《在云端》)台词全整理


Up In The Air

A: This is what I get in return for 30 years of service for my company? And they send some yo-yo like you in here to try to tell me that I'm out of a job? They should be telling you you're out of a job. 我为公司服务了30年,这就是我得到的回报?他们派你这种人过来,对我说,我的工作没了。他们应该跟你说,你的工作没了

B: You have a lot of gall coming in here and firing your number one producer. And make more money than you've ever made in your life, and I'm going to go home without a pay check. Fuck you. 你们这些厚颜无耻的人来到这里开除了最好的制作人,明天你回到家去收钱。你这辈子都没见过这么多钱,我却两手空空地回家,去你妈的。

C: I just...I guess you leave me dumbfounded. I don't know where this is coming from. How am I supposed to go back as a man and explain this to my wife that I lost my job? 我只是…我想这让我太震惊了。我不知道怎么会这样。作为一个男人,我怎么回到家里,跟我妻子说我工作丢了。

D: On a stress level, I've heard that losing your job is like a death in the family. But personally, I feel more like the people I worked with were my family and I died. 从压力的层面上说,我听说失去工作就像家里有人去世。从个人角度来说,我更觉得在这里工作的人是我的一家人,而我死了。

E: I can't afford to be unemployed. I have a house payment. I have children.我不能失业,我有房子要供,有孩子要养

F: I don't know how you can live with yourself, but I'm sure that you'll find a way while the rest of us are suffering. 我不知道你怎么能这样过活。可我相信你能的,就这样让我们受煎熬

G: Who the fuck are you, man? 你到底是什么人?

Ryan:Excellent question. Who the fuck am I? Poor Steve has worked here for seven years. He's never had a meeting with me before or passed me in the hall or told me a story in the break room. And that's because I don't work here. I work for another company that lends me out to pussies like Steve's boss who don't have the balls to sack their own employees, and in some cases, for good reason. Because people do crazy shit when they get fired.

问得好,我到底是谁?可怜的斯蒂夫在这里工作了七年他从没有跟我一起开过会,也没有在走道里遇到过我。没有在休息室给我讲过故事。那是因为我不在这里工作。我在另一家公司工作,为斯蒂夫的老板这样的懦夫出面。他们不敢解雇自己的员工,有时候,理由是很充分的,因为人在被开除的时候会做出疯狂的举动。

Steve:Did I do something wrong? I mean, is there something I could do differently here? 我做错什么了?我是说,有哪里需要我改进的?

Ryan:This is not an assessment of your productivity. You gotta try not to take this personally.这不是你工作的问题。你不要认为这是针对你个人的。

Steve:"Don't take it personally." 这不是针对我个人的。

Ryan:Steven, I want you to review this packet. Take it seriously. I think you're gonna find a lot of good answers in here。斯蒂夫,请看一下这个手册。仔细看看,你能找到你所需的答案。我相信这手册会有帮助。

Steve:I'm sure this is gonna be very helpful, a packet. Thank you. A packet.谢谢你给我手册

Ryan: Well, anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are right now. And it's because they sat there they were able to do it. That's the truth. I'm gonna need your keycard. Great. Okay. Now, I want you to take the day, go get together your personal things, and then tomorrow, you get yourself some exercise. You go out for a jog, you give yourself some routines, and pretty soon you find your legs. 任何创立

了王国或改变了世界的人都曾跟你有同样的处境。正因为有这样的处境,他们才能取得成功。这是事实。 我需要你的钥匙卡。很好,好的。现在,我要你今天就开始休息,去收拾一下你的私人物品。然后明天呢,去做一些运动。出去跑跑步,做一些事情,很快你就会找到方向。

Steve:How do I get in touch with you? 我怎么联系你?

Ryan: Don't worry; we'll be in touch with you soon. This is just the beginning. I'll never see Steve again.不要担心,我们会很快联系你。这只是一个开始。 我再也不会见斯蒂夫了。

Steve:Thank you.谢谢你

Ryan: To know me is to fly with me. This is where I live. When I run my card, the system automatically prompts the desk clerk to greet me with this exact statement. 想了解我,就跟我一起飞行。我就住在这里。我刷卡的时候,系统会自动让柜员,用这一句话跟我问好。

Woman:Pleasure to see you again, Mr. Bingham.很高兴又见到你,宾汉先生。

Ryan: It's these kinds of systemized, friendly touches that keep my world in orbit. ll the things you probably hate about traveling, the recycled air, the artificial lighting, the digital juice dispensers, the cheap sushi, are warm reminders that I'm home. 就是这些系统化友好的行为让我的世界正常运行。旅行中你可能不喜欢的所有事物。循环空气、人工照明、果汁贩卖机、廉价寿司都给我带来家的温暖。

-Do you want the cancer? -您需要癌症吗?

- The what? - 什么?

- Do you want the cancer? - 您需要癌症吗?

-The cancer? -癌症?

- The can, sir? -听装饮料,先生

-No. I'm fine, thank you. -不,我不要,谢谢你

Ryan:How much does your life weigh? Imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack. I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. Feel them? Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. You start with the little things, the things on shelves and in drawers, the knickknacks, the collectibles. Feel the weight as that adds up. Then you start adding larger stuff, clothes, tabletop appliances, lamps, linens, your TV. The backpack should be getting pretty heavy now. And you go bigger. Your couch, bed, your kitchen table. Stuff it all in there. Your car, get it in there. Your home, whether it's a studio apartment or a two-bedroom house. I want you to stuff it all into that backpack. Now try to walk. It's kind of hard, isn't it? This is what we do to ourselves on a daily basis. We weigh ourselves down until we can't even move. And make no mistake, moving is living. Now, I'm gonna set that backpack on fire. What do you want to take out of it? Photos? Photos are for people who can't remember. Drink some ginkgo and let the photos burn. In fact, let everything burn and imagine waking up tomorrow with nothing. It's kind of exhilarating, isn't it?

你的背包里装了什么?你的人生有多重?想象一下,你背着一个背包。我要你们感受肩膀上的肩带。感觉到了吗?所有东西都装进去从小东西开始装,书架上和抽屉里的东西,小摆设、小收藏。感觉一下增加的重量,然后你装上大一点的东西,衣服、桌上电器、灯、床单,你的电视机。现在背包应该已经很重了。接着再装更大的东西,你的沙发、床、餐桌,全塞进去,你的汽车,也塞进去。你的家,小公寓也好,双卧室的房子也好我要你把这些全塞进背包里。现在走走路看。有点难,是吗?我们平时就是这样对自己的。我们承载了太多东西,多到不能动,不能犯错,能动就是活着。现在,我要把这背包付之一炬。你想把什么拿出来?照片吗?照片是给没有记性的人。喝点银杏酒,把照片烧掉。把所有东西都烧了,想象早上醒来一身轻松的感觉。感觉挺兴奋的,是吧?

Welcome back, Mr. Bingham. 欢迎您回来,宾汉先生

(Ryan Bingham's office.)(瑞恩·宾汉办公室)

Ryan:You put me in a Dodge Stratus in Kansas City. 你怎么让我在堪萨斯城坐道奇层云轿车

Man:They were completely out of all full-size sedans.大型的豪华车都被订走了

Ryan: Did you try...? 你有没有试着…

Man:- Yes. I reminded them of your remarkable No.1 Gold Club status and years in the program. They are literally moving mountains to see you in a Sebring. 有啊。我提醒他们你是非凡的一号金卡会员,拥有很长的会员年资。他们真的是动了一切脑筋,想让你坐上克莱斯勒的赛百灵。

Ryan:Fair enough. Any other messages? 那好吧,有留言吗?

Man:Your sister Kara called. Needs to speak urgently about your sister's wedding. I told her you were mid-air and not even I knew your final destination. 你姐姐凯拉打过电话,急着跟你谈你妹妹婚礼的事。我跟她说你在天上飞,我也不知道你最后要去哪里。

Ryan:Well done. 干得好

Man:And you got an invitation to speak at Goalquest in Vegas.有人邀请你去拉斯维加斯为“实现目标”演讲。

Ryan:Goal quest 20? “实现目标”?

(Ryan:Every once in a while, I do speaking engagements, motivational kind of stuff. But Goal quest? We're talking Major Tony Robbins shit. s. 偶尔我去做一些演讲,有关励志的东西。可是“实现目标”?他们讲的东西跟托尼·罗宾斯差不多。)

Man:It's got a hologram on it. They're calling it Dos Equi邀请卡上还有个图标,他们称之为双X。 Ryan:All right, I'll check in. 好吧,我要登机了

Man:Hold on. I've got Gregory for you. 先别挂,克雷格·格里高利找你

Ryan:Wait.. Fuck. 等等…妈的

Craig:How is my little road warrior?我的小公路勇士怎么样啊?

Ryan:Hey, 20 minutes from boarding into a world of bliss.嘿,再过20分钟就能登上极乐世界。

Craig:Real good numbers out of Phoenix, Ry guy. Hey, you know that Big Auto is about to cut another 10K before the end of the month? 在凤凰城干得不错啊,瑞恩同志。嘿,你知道大汽车集团要在月底前再裁掉1万员工吗?

Ryan:- No kidding. 不是吧

Craig:- Yeah. Christmas came early. I wish I could have you in about five places at once, but I do need you back here in Omaha by the end of week. All right? 对,圣诞节提前啰。真希望能让你同时在五个地方,不过我需要你这周回奥马哈一趟。好吗?

Ryan:- I thought you needed me everywhere. 我还以为你希望我一直在外面跑呢

Craig:Well, you know, we got something real big here, a real game changer. 公司有大事,要做重大改变 Ryan:What are we talking about here? 你在说什么?

Craig:You'll see. Today I took my first crap in two weeks, hallelujah. 到时候你就知道了,我便秘了两周。今天终于拉了第一泡屎,哈利路亚。

Ryan:- That's me hanging up on you. 我要挂了

Craig:- Great, love that sound. 太好了,我喜欢挂电话的声音 Ryan:Are you satisfied with Maestro? 你对梅斯彻租车公司满意吗?

Alex:Yeah, I am. 满意啊

Ryan:A little stingy with their miles. I like Hertz. 他们在里程方面有点小气。我喜欢赫兹租车。

Alex:No, Hertz keeps its vehicles too long. If a car has over 20,000 miles, I won't drive it. 不,赫兹的车太旧了里程数超过两万的,我就不开了。

Ryan:Maestro doesn't instant checkout. I like to park and go. 梅斯彻还车很麻烦,我喜欢停车就能走人 Alex:Hertz doesn't guarantee navigation.赫兹的车不能保证导航

Ryan:It's funny. You don't seem like a girl who needs directions. 有意思,你不像是没有方向感的女孩子 Alex:I hate asking for directions. That's why I get a nav.我不喜欢问路,所以我需要导航

Ryan:That new outfit, Colonial, isn't bad.那家新公司,克罗尼公司不错

Alex:Is that a joke? 你开玩笑呢吧?

Ryan:Yes. 是

Ryan:They never have available upgrades. 他们从来不升级

Alex:Basically, it's a fleet of shit-boxes. I don't know how they're still in business.基本上就是一些屎盒子,不知道他们为什么还没倒闭。

Ryan:- I'm Ryan. 我叫瑞恩

Alex:- I'm Alex. 我叫艾莉克斯

Ryan:Maplewood card. How dare you bring that into this palace? 枫木卡你怎么好意思把它跟这些卡放一起?

Alex:Hilton offers equal value and better food, but the Maplewood gives out warm cookies at check-in. 希尔顿酒店提供同等服务和美食,可有了枫木卡,入住时他们会奉送热乎乎的曲奇饼干。

Ryan:They got you with the cookies, did they? 他们送你曲奇饼,是吗?

Alex:Yeah. I'm a sucker for simulated hospitality. 对,我就是偏好这种非主动的友好

Ryan:You know, there's an industry term for that. It's a mixture of "faux" and "homey." "Faumey." 这有个行业术语的,是“人造”和“舒适”的结合,简称“人舒”。

Alex:Oh, my God. I wasn't sure this actually existed. This is the American Airlines... 我的天啊,原来真有这种卡。这是美国航空公司的…

Ryan:It's a Concierge Key, yeah. 对,是礼宾钥匙

Alex:- What is that, carbon fiber? 什么做的?碳纤维吗?

Ryan:- Graphite. 石墨

Alex:Oh, God, I love the weight. 天哪,我喜欢这个重量

Ryan:I was pretty excited the day that bad boy came in. 我刚拿到这卡的时候,很是兴奋

Alex:Yeah. I'll say. I put up pretty pedestrian numbers. Sixty thou a year, domestic. 是啊,肯定的。我的里程数挺多的,一年国内飞行六万。

Ryan:- That's not bad. 还可以

Alex:- Don't patronize me. What's your total? 要摆出这种高人一等的样子。你里程多少?

Ryan:- It's a personal question. 这是个私人问题

Alex:- Oh, please. 说吧

Ryan:- And we hardly know each other. 我们还不怎么认识呢

Alex:Come on. Show some hubris. Come on, impress me. I bet it's huge. 快说吧,炫耀一下,快点啊,说来听听。我想肯定很多。

Ryan:- You have no idea. 你想都想不到

Alex:How big? What is it, this big? - This big? 有多少?多少,这么多?这么多?

Ryan:- I don't want to brag. 我不想自吹自擂

Alex:Come on! Come on. 快说啊!快说

Ryan:Let's just say I have a number in mind. I haven't hit it yet. 这么说吧,我心里有个目标数。现在还没有达到。

Alex:This is pretty fucking sexy. 这真是太性感了

Ryan:Hope it doesn't cheapen our relationship. 希望不要因为这个让我们的关系变得低廉

Alex:We're two people who get turned on by elite status. I think cheap is our starting point. 我们是两个为对方的社会地位着迷的人我想低廉是我们的起点

Ryan:There's nothing cheap about loyalty. 忠实永远都不会是低廉的

Ryan:So, we came up with this master plan, which was for me to put gauze, to put bandages on both my hands. Then we got on the plane, transatlantic, flying to Zurich. Walked up... Waited till it was dark, and walked up to the bathroom with her. Everybody was watching the movie, and I was like... Opened up, went inside. She opened the door for me, and came in like she was gonna help me. And then, you know, we gave it our best shot. It wasn't great .But it was fun. It was tricky. 找到座位…等到天黑,然后跟她一起去洗手间。大家都在看电影,我就…说“开门”,然后进去,她给我开门,我进去,就像她在帮我。然后,我们就做了一次,不是很好。可很好玩,很有意思。

Alex:- Give me some details. 说点细节的。

Ryan:- Well, it's not so easy. Have you ever tried it? It's not so easy. 不是那么简单。你试过吗?不是很简单的,

Alex:- Yes, I have. 我试过啊

Ryan:- You've done that? 真的? Alex:- I have done that. 真的。

Ryan:- Really? 你做过? Alex:- Really. 我做过

Ryan:On a transatlantic flight? Alex:On a domestic flight. Regional, actually.

在横越大西洋的飞机上? 坐的国内航班,其实是地区内的航班

Ryan :- Like nighttime? 是晚上吗? Alex:- No, like daytime. 不是,在白天

Ryan :- You... 你… Alex:- What? 怎么了?

Ryan :I mean, how do you do that? 我是说,你怎么做的?

Alex:I'm really flexible.我很柔韧的

Ryan :Look. I should throw these out. 到了。我应该把这些都扔掉。

Alex:We can always use that room with the ice machine. 我们可以用制冰房

Ryan :Here, look. 好了

Ryan :Good call on that towel rack. 毛巾架的事干得好

Alex:I like how you burr toed me in the sofa cushions. 我喜欢我俩在沙发垫上那段

Ryan :I was improvising. 那是我即兴的

Alex:Shame we didn't make it to the closet. 可惜了,没在衣柜里做一下

Ryan :- We got to do this again. 我们得多来几次。 Alex:- Yeah. 好的

Ryan :All right, I'm in Newark on the 12th, Modesto on the 13th. Oklahoma City on the 15th. 好,我12号在纽瓦克,13号在莫德斯托,15号在俄克拉荷马城。

Alex:Any Southwest? I'll be swinging by Albuquerque week of the 16th. 西南去吗?我16号那周要经过阿尔伯克基

Ryan:No, but I'll be in Florida on the 20th. 不去,我20号去佛罗里达

Alex:- Fort Lauderdale? 劳德代尔堡? Ryan :- Miami. 迈阿密

Alex:- That's nothing. 很近啊 Ryan :- Forty minutes. 四十分钟

Alex:I should probably go back to my room so I can wake up in my bed. 我该回房间了,想在自己的床上醒来

Ryan:I think that would be the ladylike thing to do. 这是淑女该做的事

Ryan:Nice meeting you. 很高兴见到你 Alex:A pleasure. 幸会

Ryan:- Hello? 喂?

Kara:- Hey, Ryan, how you holding up? 嘿,瑞恩,你怎么样?

(Every family has the one person who keeps the genealogy in check. That's my sister Kara, the glue. 每个家庭都有个人把大家维系在一起,在我们家,是我姐姐凯拉,她就是粘合剂。)

Ryan:Fine. You and the kids? 很好,你和孩子们都好吗?

Kara:Missy's outstanding, Matthew made varsity. How's the road? 蜜希很不错,马修进校队了,你出差还顺利吗。

Ryan:- Couldn't be better. 好的不得了 Kara:- Good. So, Ryan? 很好,瑞恩

Ryan:Yeah? 什么事?

Kara:I didn't even want to have to ask you this because I know how you are about doing things for others, but we're coming up on three weeks to go to Julie's wedding and there's something we could really use your help on. 我都不想对你开这个口,因为我知道你不喜欢帮别人做事。可是我们三周后得去参加朱莉的婚礼,我们真的很需要你帮忙。

Ryan:Yeah? 什么事啊?

Kara:We've been sending people these kits so they can print out photos of Julie and Jim on cardboard and then take photos of them in interesting places, kind of like that gnome in the French movie. 我们请人把,朱莉和吉姆的照片印在纸板上,带着纸板去有趣的地方拍照留念。有点像法国电影里的桥段。

Ryan:Why? 为什么啊?

Kara:Because it's Julie's wedding and she thinks it would be fun. Does it matter why? 因为这是朱莉的婚礼,她觉得这样很好玩。干嘛还要问为什么啊?

Ryan:- How is Julie? 朱莉怎么样了?

Kara:Would you call her? She thinks you've turned to butter. You're awfully isolated the way you live. 你给她打电话吧,她以为你不理她了呢。你这样生活,太孤立了

Ryan:Isolated? I'm surrounded. 孤立?我周围都是人啊

Kara:So, your assistant said you were gonna be in Vegas. 你助理说你要去拉斯维加斯

Ryan:Did he? 是吗

Kara:Can you get a photo of the cutout in front of the Luxor pyramid? 你能带着纸板相片,在奇妙金字塔前拍个照吗?

Ryan:The place is a shithole. Nobody stays there. 那地方差死了,没人会住那里

Kara:Jesus, Ryan, I’m not asking you to check in. Can you just take a stupid photo? 天哪,瑞恩,我又没让你去住那里,你就拍一张照不就完了吗?

Ryan:I'll try my best. 我尽力吧。 Kara:Thank you for trying your best. 谢谢你愿意尽力 Ryan:Last year, I spent 322 days on the road, which means I had to spend 43 miserable days at home. 去年,我出差322天,就是说我得在家痛苦地住43天。

Woman:Hey, neighbor. 嘿,邻居 Ryan:Hey. Hi! 嘿,你好!

Woman:Hi. Hey, I signed for this while you were gone. 你好,你不在家,我替你签收了这个

Ryan:Thanks. I hope it wasn't too much of a bother. 谢谢,希望不会太麻烦你。

Woman:- Nah. Wow. 不会。哇。

Ryan:Yeah, it's my sister. I haven't met the guy yet. They're getting married. 是我妹妹,我还没见过这个人呢,他们要结婚了。

Woman:- Lots of luck. 真是好运气

Ryan:- I know, right? What are you doing tonight? You wanna come over later? 我知道,没错。你今晚干什么?你一会儿过来吗?

Woman:I've started seeing somebody. 我有男朋友了 Ryan:Okay. Great. 好,好极了 Woman:Hey, it's good to see you. 嘿,很高兴见到你 Ryan:- You, too. 我也是

Woman:- It seems like it's been a while this time. 这次你好像走了很久

Craig:Okay. I am just... I'm thrilled that everyone's back under one roof. Welcome home, boys. I know there's been a lot of whispering about why we're here, so let me jump right in. Retailers are down 20%. Auto industry is in the dump. Housing market doesn't have a heartbeat. It is one of the worst times on record for America. This is our moment. Now, last summer, we received a dynamite young woman here from Cornell, and she had some pretty big ideas that she challenged me with. And my first reaction was, "Who does this kid think that she is?" But after I gave it a listen, she really knocked me out. So, with a peek into our future, Natalie Keener. 好了。我只是…我很兴奋,大家又都回来了。欢迎回家,先生们。我知道人家都在猜测今天开会的原因,那我就开门见山了,零售商利润下降了20%。汽车行业一蹶不振,房地产市场了无生机,现在是美国有史以来最差的时候,而这正是我们大展宏图的时刻。去年夏天,一位有创意的年轻女性加入我们,她毕业于康奈尔大学。她向我提出了大胆的意见。我第一反应是,“这小孩儿以为自己是谁啊”。可我仔细听了以后,她的想法让我印象深刻。让我们窥视未来,有请娜塔莉·基纳

Natalie: If there's one word I want to leave you with today, it's this. 如果我今天要告诉你一个词的话,那就是这个。

People:"Glocal"? 全球什么? Natalie: Glocal. 全球本地化

Our global must become local. This company keeps 23 people on the road at least 250 days a year. It's expensive, and it's inefficient. When I came to Craig three months ago with this, he told me, and quite astutely, it's only a problem if you have a solution. Well, today I stand before you with just that. You all know Ned in reception. Today I'm gonna fire Ned. Sorry, Ned. I'm sure HR will hire you back this afternoon. 我们的全球化必须在本地得到实。现我们公司每年派23个人出差至少250天,很昂贵,而且效率低下。三个月前,我跟克雷格说了这事,他狡黠地告诉我,这不是个问题,除非我有解决方案。好,今天,我站在这里告诉大家解决方案。大家都认识前台奈德,今天我要解雇奈德。抱歉,奈德,人事部下午就重新聘用你。

Craig:We'll see about that. 这可不一定

Natalie: Now Ned could be any employee in any one of our clients' locations worldwide. Strategy packets will be shipped in advance. Ned would be given a seat and find one of our transition specialists waiting for him. Mr.Laskin, the reason we're having this conversation is your position is no longer available. 奈德可以是我们客户,在全球所有地点的任何员工。策略手册会提前寄过去。奈德会被带到一个指定座位,他会看到我们的专员在等他。拉斯金先生,我们谈话的原因是,你的职位不再存在了。

Ned:I don't understand. I'm fired? 我不明白,我被解雇了吗?

Hearing the words "you've been let go" is never easy. Changes is always scary, but consider the following. Anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. And it's because they sat there that they were able to do it. 听人对你说“你被解雇了”,这不是一件容易的事。变化总是让人生畏,不过请你这么想任何创立了王国或改变了世界的人都曾跟你有同样的处境。正因为有这样的处境,他们才能取得成功。

Ryan:That's my fucking line. 这分明是我的台词 Ned:But what happens now? 那现在怎么办? This is the first step of a process that will end with you in a new job that fulfills you. 这是第一步,以后你会

有份充实的新工作。

Ned:Yeah. But how does it work? 好,具体怎么操作?

Natalie: I want you to take the packet in front of you. Review it. All the answers you're looking for are inside. Start filling out the necessary information, and before you know it, you'll be on your way to new opportunities. Now, Ned, I need you to go back to your desk and start putting together your things. As a favor to me, I'd appreciate it if you didn't spread the news just yet. Panic doesn't help anyone. 我要你拿着你前面的手册,阅读手册,所有你要的答案都在里面。开始填写必要的信息,在你意识到之前,你就已经一路通往新机会了。奈德,现在我要你回到座位上,开始收拾你的东西。帮我个忙,先不要告诉其他人,谢谢。恐慌对谁都没好处

Ned:I understand. 我明白

Natalie: Give it up for Ned. (Applause)You can start the morning in Boston, stop in Dallas over lunch, and finish the day in San Francisco, all for the price of a T1 line. Our inflated travel budget is eviscerated by 85%. And more importantly to you guys on the road, no more Christmases in a hotel in Tulsa, no more hours lost to weather delays. You get to come home.奈德的事做完了。(掌声)我们可以早上从波斯顿开始,午餐时处理达拉斯的事。下午处理旧金山的事,只需要一条T1线路的费用。我们昂贵的出差预算能削减85%。对于常年出差的人,更重要的是再也不用在塔尔萨的酒店过圣诞节,也不用把时间浪费在天气引起的延误上,你们能回家了。

Ryan:Tell me you're not taking this seriously. 你不是来真的吧

Craig:That's why I brought the entire company in from the road, because we're not taking it seriously. 我把整个公司的人叫回来是因为我不是来真的

Ryan:There is a methodology to what I do. There is a reason why it works. 我的工作是讲方法的,这个方法的有效性不是无缘无故的

Craig:Coke and IBM have been doing this for years, all right. Are you familiar with them? Now just like

anything else, you know, it's gonna take a few months of sort of transition and then everybody is gonna settle in. 可口可乐和IBM公司已经这么做了好多年,你跟他们熟吗?就像其它事情一样,会有几个月的过渡期,然后大家都能适应了。

Ryan:Who are you taking off the road? 你会让谁留在公司?

Craig:How are you not getting this? You're grounded. Everybody's grounded. It's done. 你怎么就不明白?你不用出差了。大家都不用出差了,就这么定了

Ryan:What we do here is brutal, and it does leave people devastated. But there is a dignity to the way I do it. 我们做的事是残酷的,会让人们悲痛,可我的方法让他们有尊严。

Craig:By stabbing them in the chest instead of the back, is that right? 不从后面捅刀子,而是在胸前来一刀,是这样吗?

Natalie: - You wanted to see me? 你找我吗? Craig:- Well... 这个…

Ryan:Yeah. You know what? Yeah, come on in. Come on in here. 对,我说,对,进来吧。进来。

Craig:- Great job out there, Natalie. 干得好,娜塔莉

Natalie: - Thank you. How's everyone taking it? 谢谢你,大家反应怎么样?

Ryan:- Great. Listen, I admire your... Your zeal. And I think you have some very good ideas. But you know nothing about the realities of my industry. You can set up an iChat, but you don't know how people think. 非常好。听着,我欣赏你的…你的激情,我觉得你有些想法非常好。可你一点也不懂我这个行业的现实情况。你可以建立网聊,但你不懂人的想法。

Natalie: - Actually, I minored in psychology. 其实我辅修心理学 Craig:- Nice. 很好。

Ryan: - Okay, kiddo, fire me. 好,小孩儿,解雇我 Craig:- Ryan 瑞恩.

Ryan:Well, since she's gonna be doing this on a regular basis, don't you wanna know if she can fire somebody? 既然这是她的工作,你不想知道她能否解雇别人吗?

Craig:- She's fired Ned. 她解雇了奈德

Ryan:- My dog can fire Ned. Fire me. 我的狗都能解雇奈德,解雇我

Craig:- You don't need to do this. 你不需要这么做

Natalie: - No, it's okay. I got this. Mr. Bingham, I regret to inform you that your position at this company is no longer available. 不,没事,我能行。宾汉先生,我遗憾地通知你,你在这个公司的职位不复存在了。

Ryan:- Who the hell are you? 你到底是谁?

Natalie: - My name is Miss Keener. I'm here today to discuss your future. 我是基纳小姐,今天我跟你讨论你的未来。

Ryan:- My future? The only one who can fire me is Craig Gregory. 我的未来?能开除我的人只有克雷格·格里高利

Natalie: Mr. Gregory hired me to handle this for him. 格里高利先生雇用我来处理这件事

Ryan:-Handle what? Handle me? Mr. Gregory hired me; he's the only one who can fire me. You know what? I'm gonna go talk to him. 处理什么?处理我?格里高利先生雇佣了我,他是唯一能开除我的人。你知道吗?我要跟他谈谈

Natalie: - Mr. Bingham. 宾汉先生

Ryan:- No, no, no. You can't follow me. You're on a computer screen, remember? 不,不,不,你不能跟着我你在电脑屏幕上,记得吗?

Craig:- Ryan. 瑞恩

Ryan:- All right. Let's try this again. Fire me again. 好的,我们再来一次。再解雇我一次。

Natalie: - I just did. 我刚做过了

Ryan:Actually, you didn't. Fire me. 你没有成功,解雇我

Craig:That's enough. I think we get it. 够了,我们明白了

Natalie: Mr. Bingham, I'm here today to inform you that your position is no longer available. 宾汉先生,今天我是来通知你你的职位不复存在了

Ryan:- I'm fired? 我被开除了? Natalie: - Yes, you're fired. 对,你被开除了。Ryan:- Never say fired. 永远都不要说开除Natalie: - You've been let go. 你可以离开公司。了。

Ryan:- Why? 为什么?

Natalie: - This is a mythical situation. How could I possibly know why? 这是个虚构的情形,我怎么会知道为什么?

Ryan:Why doesn't matter. You never know why. 原因并不重要,你不会知道原因

Natalie: It's important not to focus on the why and rather to spend your energy thinking about your future. 重要的是不要强调原因。而是把精力花在思考你的未来上。

Ryan:Well, I'm gonna spend my energy on suing you unless you give me a good reason why you're firing me.

我准备把精力花在告你们上,除非你给我一个开除我的好理由。

Natalie: - Mr. Bingham, the reason's not important. 宾汉先生,原因不重要

Ryan:So, you're firing me without grounds? Now I really have a lawsuit. 那么说,你是毫无理由地开除我?现在我真的可以打官司了

Craig:I get what you're trying to say, Ryan. 我知道你想说什么了,瑞恩

Natalie: - Don't take this personally, Mr. Bingham. 宾汉先生,这不是针对你个人的

Ryan:- Personally? This is the most personal situation that you are ever gonna enter, so before you try to revolutionize my business. I'd like to know that you actually know my business. 我个人?这是我能遇到的最有

关我个人的事情,所以在你想彻底改变我的工作之前。我想知道你真的是了解我的工作。

Craig:That's a hell of a way to welcome her to the team. 你就用这种方法欢迎她加入公司?真是绝了。 Ryan:Am I the only one that sees that by doing this we're making ourselves irrelevant? 难道只有我觉得这么做会让我们失去优势?

Craig:No, frankly, we're making you irrelevant. 不是,坦白的说,是我们让你失去优势

Ryan:- Nice. Don't blame me. Blame the high fuel costs. Blame insurance premiums. Blame technology. You know, you better watch yourself. You're a little too young to become a dinosaur. 很好。别怪我要怪就怪高油价、保险费、新科技。你得小心了。你还年青,不要成恐龙了。

Ryan:I'm not a dinosaur. 我不是恐龙

Craig:I want you to show her the ropes. 我想让你带她熟悉熟悉

Ryan:What do I know what goes on here? Get Ferguson to do it. 我不了解这里的情况,让弗格森带她 Craig:I'm not talking about here. 我不是说在公司里 Ryan:- No. 不

Craig:- Yeah. Come on. You're very, very confident this girl doesn't know what she's doing, so... 好.别这样,你坚持认为这个女孩不知道自己在做什么……

Ryan:- Well, I'm sorry. I don't think a MySpace page qualifies you to rewire an entire company. 很抱歉。我不认为一个MySpace网页就能让人调整公司的方向

Craig:Well, then great. Here's your chance. Go out there, show her the magic, take her through the paces. 那太好了,你的机会来了。让她见识见识魔法,带带她。

Ryan:I'm not a fucking tour guide. Now here we go. 我又不是导游。又来了。

Craig:Bingham, here's the boat. And here's you. Do you want to be in the boat? 宾汉,这里是船,这里是你,你想上船吗?

Ryan:Yeah, alone.想,就我自己一个人

Craig:We're ringing the bell. We're rounding everybody up. You want to stay out there a little bit longer, you're welcome to do it, but you will not be alone, okay? You let me know. 我们要让所有人都上这艘船。你想自己待久一点,就待着吧,不过你不会孤身一人的,好吗?想好了告诉我。

Ryan:Oh, Christ. 噢,天哪

Natalie: - What? 怎么了? Ryan:- Follow me. 跟我走

Natalie: I really like my luggage. 我非常喜欢我的行李

Ryan:That's exactly what it is, it's luggage. You know how much time you lose by checking in? 对,就是这个,行李。你知道登机需要多少时间吗?

Natalie: - I don't know. Five, 10 minutes? 我不知道,5分钟,10分钟?

Ryan:- Thirty-five minutes a flight. I travel 270 days a year. That's 157 hours. That makes seven days. You're willing to throw away an entire week on that? 每个航班35分钟,我一年出差270天,那就是157个小时,相当于7天,你愿意就这样浪费一整个星期吗?

You don't need this. Sorry, you don't need that. You're not gonna need that. They have neck pillows on the plane. This, they have better ones there. 你不需要这个,抱歉,你不需要那个。那个也不需要,飞机上有靠枕。这个,他们的比你好,我把这个扔了。

Ryan:-I'll get rid of this. I can just meet you at security. 我在安检处跟你会合

Natalie: Thank you. 谢谢你

Ryan:Bingo, Asians.这个好,亚洲人 Natalie: You can't be serious. 你是开玩笑吧

Ryan:Never get behind people traveling with infants. I've never seen a stroller collapse in less than 20

minutes. Old people are worse. Their bodies are littered with hidden metal, and they never seem to appreciate how little time they have left on earth. Here you go. Five words. Randomly selected for additional screening. Asians. They pack light, travel efficiently, and they've got a thing for slip-on shoes. You've got to love them.

不要排在带孩子的人后面,他们花的时间在20分钟以上;老年人就更差了,他们身体里隐藏着金属,他们好像从来都不珍惜在地球上所剩无几的时间。看好了,四个字,随意筛查。亚洲人,他们行李少,效率高,他们喜欢穿不系带的鞋。你会跟喜欢他们的。

Natalie: - That's racist. 这是种族歧视

Ryan:I'm like my mother. I stereotype. It's faster. 我跟我母亲一样,喜欢归类总结,这样更有效率。

Ryan:Are you mad at your computer? 你电脑惹你了吗?

Natalie: I type with purpose. 我在写东西

Ryan:What is it that you're working on so furiously? 你这么愤怒地写什么啊?

Natalie: I'm building a workflow of firing techniques. It's questions and responses, actions and reactions. It's a script taking you through the steps of firing someone. 我在构建关于解雇技巧的工作流程,关于提问和回答,行为和反应。这个图表让人对解雇的步骤一览无余。

Ryan:Who's it for? 这给谁看的?

Natalie: Well, theoretically, you could put it in the hands of anyone and they'd be downsizing immediately. All you have to do is follow the steps. 理论上,可以给任何人看,然后裁员效果立现,你所需要做的就是跟着步骤走。

Ryan:Natalie, what is it you think we do here? 娜塔莉,你觉得我们在这里做什么?

Natalie: We prepare the newly unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, while minimizing legal blowback. 我们为被裁的人员解决情绪和实际问题,让他们顺利找工作,同时减少发生官司的可能性。

Ryan:That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing. 我们是我们对外宣传,可我们并不是做这个的。 Natalie: Okay. What are we doing? 好吧,我们做什么?

Ryan:We are here to make limbo tolerable, to ferry wounded souls across the river of dread until the point where hope is dimly visible. And then stop the boat, shove them in the water and make them swim. 我们来稳定他们的情绪,帮受伤的灵魂渡恐惧之河,让他们能隐约看到希望,然后停船,把他们推入水中,逼他们游泳。

Natalie: That was really impressive. Are you gonna put that in your book?很精彩,你准备写进你的书里吗? Ryan:I'll meet you at the car rental. 我接个电话,在租车处见。 Natalie: Okay. 好的。 Ryan:I Hey, I was hoping I'd hear from you. 嘿,我正想着你能给我打电话呢。

Alex:I'm in Hotlanta, and I need a rib-joint recommend bad. 我在亚特兰大,我需要人给我推荐个牛排餐厅。

Ryan:Fat Matt's. Bring a bib. 去胖马特餐厅吧,带个围嘴去。

Alex:I You never called. 你从没打过电话给我。

Ryan:Well, I wasn't sure what was appropriate. 我不知道是否合适。

Alex:Appropriate? Ryan, I'm not some waitress you banged in a snowstorm. That word has no place in our vocabulary. I am the woman that you don't have to worry about. 合适?瑞恩,我不是你在一场暴风雪中搞过的某个女招待,我们的字典里就没有这个词。我是那种不需要你担心的女人。

Ryan:Sounds like a trap. 听着像给我下套啊

Alex:Listen, the next time that you're worried about manners, don't. If you wanna call, call. Just think of me as yourself, only with a vagina. 听着,下回不要再顾虑礼貌的问题,你想打给我,就打吧。把我想成你自己,

只不过我是个女人。

Ryan:When am I gonna see you? 什么时候能见到你?

Alex:Well, I'm out of Hartsfield into IAD, with a connection at ORD into SDF 我从亚特兰大飞华盛顿,在芝加哥转机,飞路易斯维尔。

Ryan: Sorry. 真辛苦 Alex:Yeah, tell me about it. 是啊,你了解的

How long's your layover? They got multiples into SDF. Think you could push? 你中途停留多长时间?飞路易斯维尔有好几趟航班呢。你可以推迟一下吗?

Alex:Yeah, I can push. 可以,我可以推迟。

Ryan:All you have to do today is watch and listen. And when I talk about a strategy packet, hand them one of those. 今天你的任务就是看和听。我说到策略手册时,你就发一份出去。

Natalie: Sounds great. 听着不错。

Ryan:So, although I wish I were here with better news, the fact is that you and I are sitting here today because this will be your last week of employment at this company. 我希望能给你好消息,可事实是,你和我今天坐在这里,因为这将是你在这个公司的最后一周。

Bob: Why me? What am I supposed to do now? Am I supposed to feel better that I'm not the only one losing my job? This is ridiculous! I have been a fine employee for over 10 years, and this is the way you treat me. How do you sleep at night, man? How? How's your family? They sleeping well at night? Electricity still on? Heat still on? Refrigerator full of food? Gas tank full of gas? Going to Chuck E. Cheese this weekend or something? Not me. No, my kids, we're not gonna do anything. What do you suggest I tell them? 为什么是我?我该怎么办?失业的人不止我一个,我就不会感到沮丧了吗?这太荒唐了。我当了十多年的优秀员工,你却这么对待我。你晚上怎么睡得着?怎么睡得着?你家人怎么样?他们晚上睡得好吗?电费交了吗?取暖费交了吗?冰箱里食物还有吗?油箱加满了吗?这周末去查克芝士餐厅吗?跟我没关系了。不,孩子们,我们什么都做不了你觉得我该怎么告诉他们?

Natalie: Perhaps you're underestimating the positive effect that your career transition can have on your children. 可能你低估了职业转变对孩子的积极影响。

Bob:The positive effect? I make about 90 grand a year now. Unemployment is what, 250 bucks a week? Is that one of your positive effects? Well, we'll get to be cozier, because I'm not gonna be able to pay my mortgage on my house. So, maybe we can move into a nice fucking one-bedroom apartment somewhere. And I guess without benefits, I'll be able to hold my daughter as she, you know, suffers from her asthma that I won't be able to afford the medication for. 积极影响?我现在每年挣9万块。失业救济是多少,250块一周?这包括在你所说的积极影响里吗?我们还可以过得更安逸,因为我供不起房贷了。所以,我们可能会搬到舒服得要死的一室户。还有,没了保险我就可以抱着我哮喘发作的女儿,而我没钱给她治病。

Natalie: Well, tests have shown that children under moderate trauma have a tendency to apply themselves academically as a method of coping. 研究表明经受适度创伤的小孩理论上能形成自己的处事方法。

Bob: Go fuck yourself. That's what my kids'll think. 去你的吧。我的小孩会这么想。

Ryan:Your children's admiration is important to you? 小孩子的崇拜对你很重要吗?

Bob: Yeah. Yeah, it was. 对,对,是的

Ryan:Well, I doubt they ever admired you, Bob. 我怀疑他们是否崇拜你,鲍勃

Bob: Hey, asshole, aren't you supposed to be consoling me? 嘿,混蛋,你不是应该安慰我的吗?

Ryan:I'm not a shrink, Bob. I'm a wake-up call. You know why kids love athletes? 我不是心理医生,鲍勃,我给你提个醒。你知道为什么小孩子喜欢运动员吗?

Bob: I don't know. Because they screw lingerie models? 我不知道,因为他们搞内衣模特?

Ryan:No, that's why we love athletes. Kids love athletes because they follow their dreams. 不是,这是我

们喜欢运动员的原因。小孩子喜欢运动员,是因为他们能追逐自己的梦想。

Bob: Well, I can't dunk. 我不会灌篮

Ryan:No, but you can cook. 是的,可你会掌厨

Bob: What are you talking about? 你在说什么?

Ryan:Your resume says that you minored in French culinary arts. Most students, they work on the fryer at KFC, but you bussed tables at II Picador to support yourself. And then you get out of college and you come and you work here. How much did they first pay you to give up on your dreams? 你的简历写着你学过法国烹饪艺术。大部分学生在肯德基炸鸡块,而你却在斗牛士餐厅打杂挣钱。你读完大学来到这里上班。他们一开始付你多少钱让你放弃梦想?

Bob: 27 grand a year. 2.7万块每年。

Ryan:And when were you going to stop and come back and do what makes you happy? 你打算什么时候不做这个工作去做能让你开心的事情。

Bob: Good question. 问得好

Ryan:I see guys who work at the same company for their entire lives, guys exactly like you. They clock in, they clock out, and they never have a moment of happiness. You have an opportunity here, Bob. This is a rebirth. Now, if not for you, do it for your children. 有些人一辈子都在一个公司工作,他们就像你一样,上班,下班,从没享受过片刻快乐。你现在有机会了,鲍勃,这是重生啊。现在,就算不为你自己,也为你的孩子们。

Woman:He just waltzes in and cuts in line? 他就这样大摇大摆插队吗?

Waiter:We reserve priority assistance for our Hilton Honors members. 我们为希尔顿荣誉会员提供优先服务。

Ryan:The promotions are great. You should check it out. 推广计划不错的,你看看吧

Natalie: Hungry much? 很饿吗?

Ryan:Our business expense allots $40 each for dinner. I plan on grabbing as many miles as I can. 出差时,晚饭可以报销40块.我打算吃越多,积越多里程分.

Natalie: Okay, you got to fill me in on the miles thing. 好,你得跟我讲讲里程的事是怎么一回事?

Ryan:What is that about? Are you talking about, like, frequent flyer miles? 你说的是常旅客里程吗? Ryan:You really want to know? 你真的想知道 Natalie: I'm dying to know. 我非常想知道 Ryan:I don't spend a nickel if I can help it unless it somehow profits my mileage account. 我可以做到一毛钱都不花,除非能积累里程。

Natalie: So, what are you saving up for, Hawaii, South of France? 那你攒里程干什么,为了去夏威夷?去法国南部?

Ryan:It's not like that. The miles are the goal. 不是这样的,里程本身就是目标

Natalie: That's it? You're saving just to save? 就这样?你就为了攒里程数?

Ryan:Let's just say that I have a number in mind and I haven't hit it yet. 可以这么说,我心里有个目标数。到现在还没实现。

Natalie: That's a little abstract. What's the target? 这有点抽象了,你的目标是多少?

Ryan:I'd rather not. 我不说

Natalie: Is it a secret target? 是个秘密目标吗?

Ryan:It's 10 million miles. 是1000万英里

Natalie: Okay. Isn't 10 million just a number? 好,1000万英里不就是个数字而已吗?

Ryan:Pi's just a number. 圆周率是个数字

Natalie: Well, we all need a hobby. No, I...I don't mean to belittle your collection. I get it. It sounds cool. 好吧,人人都有嗜好。不,我…我不是小看你的收集品。我了解,听着很酷。

Ryan:I'd be the seventh person to do it. More people have walked on the moon. 我会成为做成这事的第七人,月球漫步的人都要比这个多。

Natalie: Do they throw you a parade? 他们会为你游行庆祝吗?

Ryan:You get lifetime executive status. You get to meet the chief pilot, Maynard Finch. 会获得终身使用权可以见机长,梅纳德·芬奇。

Natalie: Wow. 哇

Ryan:And they put your name on the side of a plane. 他们还会把你名字放在机身上

Natalie: Men get such hard-ons from putting their name on stuff. You guys don't grow up. It's like you need to pee on everything. 男人就是这么喜欢在这些东西上留名字。你们不会长大,就像用尿尿留记号似的。

Ryan:Now who's stereotyping? 现在是谁在归纳总结了

Natalie: Fear of mortality. It's like, "Yeah, you're gonna die one day." 对死亡的恐惧,就像是“对,你有一天会死的”

Ryan:And why do you suppose that's singular to men? 你为什么觉得男人都是这样的

Natalie: Probably because you can't have babies. 可能因为你没孩子吧

Ryan:The baby argument. 把孩子都搬出来了

Natalie: If I had that many miles, I would show up at an airport, look at the destination board, pick a place and go. 如果我有这么多里程数,我会去机场,看目的地公告牌,选个地方飞过去。

(短信)

Alex: Can’t fall asleep. Ryan: Me too just laying here.

Alex: You should rub one out. Ryan: Only fair if you do too.

Alex: Way ahead of you. Ryan: Call me next time so I can listen.

Alex: Have sweet dreams about me.

Natalie: Okay. Closer. Way closer. Still closer. Closer. Okay. A little left. Okay, down a little. Too far. Up. Up one more inch. I don't get it. Why does your sister want a fake photo? 好,近一点,再近点,还得近点,近点,好了。向左一点,好,向下一点。太下了,往上,往上一英寸。我不明白,为什么你妹妹要拍假照片

Ryan: My sister is kooky. She thinks this is charming. It's like the gnome thing. 我妹妹是怪人,她觉得这样很可爱,她觉得这样很好玩。

Natalie: No, I mean, why would your sister want a fake photo in front of the St. Louis airport? 不,我是说,为什么你妹妹要你在圣路易斯机场前拍这个照片。

Ryan: Are you kidding, Lambert Field? The Wright brothers flew through there. That domed main terminal, it's the first of its kind. It's a precursor from everything, from JFK to de Gaulle. 你开玩笑吧,兰伯特场地,怀特兄弟当年从那里飞过的,那个有穹顶的航站楼,是史上第一座,它开创了历史,从纽约肯尼迪国际机场到戴高乐机场。

Natalie: Pretty sweet. 真温馨 Ryan: Just take the picture. 快拍照

Natalie: Well, that's a keeper. 好了,这个不错

Ryan: Let me see it. Why she wants dozens of reminders of all the places she hasn't been is beyond me. 让我看看。她为什么需要这么多她没去过的地方的照片,我真是搞不懂。

Natalie: Well, I'm sure she'll be crushed for having missed this airport. 她没来过这个机场,肯定会很郁闷的。

Ryan: Look, before Lindbergh could cross the Atlantic, he took off from one of those runways. Do you ever wonder why they called it the Spirit of St. Louis? 林德伯格跨越大西洋之前他从这里的跑道起飞过。你有没有想过他们为什么管这里叫圣路易斯精神?

Natalie: No. 没想过

Ryan: Well... 那个…

Man: Do you know how fucked this place is now? I am the one thing, the one thing, preventing this place from being totally fucked in the ass. 你知道现在这个地方有多差吗?只有我,只有我才能让这个地方不彻底崩溃。

Ryan: Sometimes they just need to vent. 有时他们只是需要发泄。

Please, for the love of God, can I fire the next one? 拜托,看在上帝的份上我能解雇下一个吗?

Natalie: Miss Barnes, thank you for joining us. 巴恩斯小姐,谢谢你过来

Barnes: I'm here to be fired, right? 我要被开除了,是吗?

Natalie: Well, we're here to talk about your future. 我们来谈你的未来

Barnes: You don't have to sugarcoat it. I get the drill. What are they offering? 你们不用说得这么好听,我明白的。他们开的条件是什么?

Natalie: Inside the packet, you'll find a clearly worked out severance package. 手册里有具体的解雇条件。 Give me the bullet points. 给我说说重点吧。

Natalie: It's actually pretty good. Three months' pay, six months' medical and a full year of placement services through our company, CTC. 其实条件是很好的,三个月工资、六个月医疗,还有我们职业换转公司提供的全年就业机会服务。

Barnes: Placement services. That's generous. 就业机会,很慷慨。

Natalie: Commonly, it takes one month of searching for every $10,000 you expect to earn in salary. 一般来说,找一份新工作,一万年薪的工作需要一个月。你希望几万的年薪就需要几个月。

Barnes: So, I could be looking for a while. 那么,我得找一段时间了。

Natalie: Not necessarily. 没必要

Barnes: Don't even sweat it. I'm pretty confident about my plans. 别费力了,我对我的计划很有信心。 Natalie: Really? 是吗?

Barnes: Yeah. There's this beautiful bridge by my house. I'm gonna go jump off it. 对。我家附近有一座漂亮的桥,我打算从桥上跳下去。

Ryan: Natalie. Hey! Natalie! People say these things all the time. It's part of the trade. 娜塔莉!嘿!娜塔莉!他们总说这样的话,就是这样的。

Natalie: They do? 是吗?

Ryan: Yeah. I mean, they say crazy things. They get worked up. 是啊。我是说,他们会说一些疯话,他们非常生气。

Natalie: She was really calm. 她很平静啊。

Ryan: I think that's a good sign. 我想这是个好迹象。

Natalie: So, they don't ever actually do it? 那么,他们不会真这么做?

Ryan: No. No, it's just talk. 不,不,说说而已。

Natalie: How do you know? Do you follow up? 你怎么知道?你做了跟进吗?

Ryan: I mean, no. Nothing good's gonna come of that. 没有,跟进没啥好处。

Ryan: I wouldn't worry about it. This is what we do, Natalie. We take people at their most fragile, and we set them adrift. You ready to go back in? All right, let's go. Come on. 要是我,我就不会担心。我们做的就是这个,娜塔莉,我们面对他们最脆弱的时刻,他们不知所措。你可以进去了吗?好了,走吧,进去吧。

Natalie: No, I'm fine. Tell me something sweet. I'll be back soon. I'm not really sure how long this whole exercise is supposed to last. No, I don't even think of him that way. He's old. 不,我没事,说点甜言蜜语听听,我很快就回来。我不知道这次的见习要持续多久。不,我没往那方面想过,他是个老头,

People:

I'm done? 我被开除了?

I wasn't expecting this. Not at all. 我没想到会这样,一点也没想到

Just like that? 就这样?

I'm disappointed that I've given so much of my life... 我很失望,我把这么多时间都奉献给…

This is not fair. 这不公平

There are people that are gonna be way more qualified than me now. 现在别人会比我更有资历

I don't know what to do when I wake up in the morning tomorrow.我不知道明早醒来该做什么。

Ryan: Are you okay? 你没事吧。

Natalie: Are we going? 我们要走了吗? Ryan: Yeah. 对

Ryan: This is how I start every day of my life. Now, this is gonna be a little difficult, so stay with me. You have a new backpack. Only this time, I want you to fill it with people. Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends, folks around the office. And then you move into the people hat you trust with our most intimate secrets. Your cousins, your aunts, your uncles, your brothers, your sisters, your parents. And finally your husband, your wife, your boyfriend or your girlfriend. You get them into that backpack. Don't worry. I'm not gonna ask you to light it on fire. Feel the weight of that bag. Make no mistake, your relationships are the heaviest components in your life. Do you feel the straps cutting into your shoulders? All those negotiations and arguments and secrets and compromises. You don't need to carry all that weight. Why don't you set that bag down? Some animals were meant to carry each other, to live symbiotically for a lifetime. Star-crossed lovers, monogamous swans. We are not those animals. The slower we move, the faster we die. We are not swans. We're sharks. 我就是这么开始每一天的生活。现在,会有点难,仔细听。你有个新背包,只是这次,我要你装人进去,从普通相识的人开始,朋友的朋友,办公室的同事,然后是你信任的人,你会告诉他们秘密的人,你的表亲、阿姨、叔叔,你的兄弟姐妹和父母,最后是你的丈夫、妻子、男朋友或女朋友,你把他们都装进背包里。不要怕,我不会让你们放火烧背包。感受一下包的重量。不能犯错,你的这些关系是人生中之最重。有没有感觉到背包带紧紧勒着你的肩膀,背负着所有的商讨、争论、秘密和妥协。你不必背负所有重量,不妨把背包放下,有些动物是要相互背负的,共生着过一辈子,灾星下出生的情人,一夫一妻的天鹅,我们不是这些动物,我们动得越慢,死得越快。我们不是天鹅,我们是鲨鱼。

Natalie: Never? 没有想过? Ryan: No. 没有。

Natalie: Ever? 一点也没想过? Ryan: No. 没有。

Natalie: You never want to get married? 你从来没想过要结婚? Ryan: Nope. 没有

Natalie: Never want kids? 没想过要孩子? Ryan: Not a chance. 从来没想过。

Natalie: Ever? 从没想过? Ryan: Never. Is that so bizarre? 没想过。有这么奇怪吗?

Natalie: Yes. Yes, it is. 是啊。是的,很奇怪。

Ryan: I just don't see the value in it. All right, sell it to me. 我看不到价值。这样,推销给我。

Natalie: What? 什么? Ryan: Sell me marriage. 推销婚姻给我

Natalie: Okay, how about love? 好,那爱情呢? Ryan: Okay. 好吧

Natalie: Stability, just somebody you can count on. 稳定,可以指望一个人

Ryan: How many stable marriages do you know? 你知道多少婚姻是稳定的?

Natalie: Somebody to talk to, someone to spend your life with. 有人说话,有人一起共度人生。

Ryan: I'm surrounded by people to talk to. I doubt that's going to change. 我身边都是可以说话的人,一直都有

Natalie: How about just not dying alone? 那不要孤独终老呢?

Ryan: Starting when I was 12, we moved each one of my grandparents into a nursing facility. My parents went the same way. Make no mistake, we all die alone. Now, those cult members in San Diego with the Kool-Aid and the sneakers, they didn't die alone. I'm just saying there are options. Fuck. 从我12岁开始,我们把每个祖辈的老人送进养老院,我父母也去了养老院,没错,我们都会孤独终老。圣地亚哥喝酷雷饮料,穿运动鞋的邪教成员,他们不会孤独终老。我说,还是有选择的。妈的。

Natalie: Brian left me. 布莱恩离开我了

Ryan: All right. Okay, okay. All right. All right. Yeah. Hey. Natalie, this is Alex, my friend. This is Natalie. 好,好,好了。好了,好了。嘿。娜塔莉,这是我朋友艾莉克斯。这位是娜塔莉。

Alex: I should give you both a moment. 我该给你们一点时间。

Natalie: No. No, that's fine. I'm fine. It's a pleasure to meet you. 不用,不用,没事。我没事,很高兴认识你。

Ryan: Maybe we should just all go up to our rooms and freshen up. 我们该去房间洗把脸

Alex: Or maybe a drink? 或喝一杯? Natalie: Now you're talking. 太好了

(短信)I think it’s time we c other people. 我想我们应该分手

Alex: He broke up with you over text message? 他用短信跟你分手?

Ryan: It's kind of like firing someone over the Internet. 就像是通过网络解雇别人。

Alex: What a weaselly prick. 狡猾的混蛋。

Natalie: Yeah. But what does that make me? Someone who falls for a prick. 对,可我成了什么了?喜欢上混蛋的人。

Alex: We all fall for them. Pricks are spontaneous, they're unpredictable, and they're fun. And then we're surprised when they turn out to be pricks. 我们都喜欢混蛋。混蛋很随意,他们不按常理出牌,很有趣。发现他们是混蛋时,我们还是感到吃惊。

Natalie: I followed him to Omaha. 我跟他去的奥马哈。

Ryan: You did? 是吗?

Natalie: I had a job waiting for me in San Francisco when he got an offer from ConAgra. He said we could start a life together. So, I followed him. 我在旧金山找到工作,可他在康尼格拉公司找到工作,他说我们应该一起开始新生活,所以,我就跟他去了。

Ryan: To Nebraska? 到内布拉斯加州?

Natalie: I thought I'd be engaged by now. No offense. 我以为现在已经能订婚了。无意冒犯。

Ryan: None taken. 没事 Alex: That's all right. 没关系

Natalie: When I was 16, I thought by 23 I'd be married, maybe have a kid, corner office by day, entertaining at night. I was supposed to be driving a Grand Cherokee by now. 我16岁时,想着23岁结婚,要个小孩,白天上班,晚上娱乐,我现在应该能开上大切诺基了。

Alex: Yeah, life can underwhelm you that way. 是啊,生活有时候计划不来。

Natalie: I mean, where did you think you'd be by... 我是说,你怎么会想到…

Alex: It doesn't work that way. 事情不是这样的。

At a certain point, you stop with the deadlines. 到时候,你自然就知道了。

Alex: It can be a little counterproductive. 是会达不到预期目标的。

Natalie: I don't want to say anything that's anti-feminist. I really appreciate everything that your generation did for me. 我不想说反对女权主义的话,我感谢你们这个年代的人为我所做的事。

Alex: It was our pleasure. 这是我们的荣幸。 Ryan: Well done. 做得好。

Natalie: But sometimes it feels like no matter how much success I have, it's not gonna matter until I find the right guy. 可有时就好像无论我有多成功,都比不上我找到真命天子。

Alex: You really thought this guy was the one? 你真的觉得这个男人就是你的真命天子吗

Natalie: I could have made it work. He... He really fit the bill. You know? 本来是可以实现的,他…他非常符合要求。你知道吗?

Ryan: The bill? 什么要求?

Natalie: White-collar, college grad, loves dogs, likes funny movies, 6'1", brown hair, kind eyes, works in finance but is outdoorsy, you know, on the weekends. I always imagined he'd have a single syllable name like Matt or John or Dave. In a perfect world, he drives a 4Runner. And the only thing he loves more than me is his golden Lab. And a nice smile. What about you? 白领,大学毕业,爱狗狗,爱看喜剧电影,1米85,棕色头发,眼神和善,在金融界工作,周末的时候热爱户外运动,我觉得他的名字应该是双音节的,像马特、约翰或戴夫。在理想世界里,他开的应该是辆越野车。除了我,他最爱他的金色拉布拉多。拥有甜美的微笑。你呢?

Alex: Let me think. You know, honestly, by the time you're 34, all the physical requirements just go out the window. I mean, like, you secretly pray that he'll be taller than you, and not an asshole would be nice. Just someone who enjoys my company, comes from a good family. Because you don't think about that when you're younger. I don't know. Someone who wants kids. Likes kids. Wants kids. Healthy enough to play with his kids. Please let him earn more money than I do. You might not understand that now, but believe me, you will one day. Otherwise, that's a recipe for disaster. And hopefully some hair on his head, but, I mean, even that's not a deal breaker these days. A nice smile. Yeah, a nice smile. Nice smile just might do it. 让我想想。老实说,到你34岁时所有外在的要求都会抛在脑后,你会暗地里祈祷他比你高,不是个混蛋就好,喜欢跟我在一起,出身良好的家庭,这些事年轻的时候是不会想的。找想要小孩的人,喜欢小孩,想要小孩。身体健康,能陪小孩玩希望他挣得比我多。现在你可能不理解,相信我,有天你会的,不然,就会成为灾难。希望他不是秃头,不过,现在的人不会介意这个。笑容要甜美,对,笑容甜美,笑容甜美就可以了。

Natalie: Wow, that was depressing. I should just date women. 哇,真是压抑。我找女朋友算了。 Alex: Tried it. We're no picnic ourselves. 试试看啰。我们不能耍自己。

Natalie: I don't mind being married to my career, and I don't expect it to hold me in bed as I fall asleep. I just don't want to settle. 我不介意跟我的事业结婚,我知道事业不会拥我入睡,我就是不想定下来。

Alex: You're young. Right now you see settling as some sort of a failure. 你还年轻,现在你觉得定下来就是失败。

Natalie: It is, by definition. 从定义来说,的确是失败

Alex: Yeah. But by the time someone is right for you, it won't feel like settling. And the only person left to judge you will be the 23-year-old girl with a target on your back. 对,可是对的时机到来时就不会觉得像是定下来,唯一会评判你的人,将是位23岁的女孩,在你背后画一个靶心。

Natalie: So, what's the plan for the evening? 今晚做点什么?

Ryan: Well, we were gonna hit that party for the tech conference at the hotel. 我们打算参加那技术公司在酒店举办的聚会。

Natalie: I didn't know you could just attend those. I thought you had to be registered.这个可以随便参加的吗?不是要注册的吗?

Two: Well, technically, I don't think it's open to the public. Just gonna stop by. 从技术上来说,我觉得不用。那是对公众开放的,去看看呗。

Natalie: You're gonna crash it? 你真的要去?

Two: They throw a really nice party. Well, they have more money than they know what to do with. And they have a good time, usually. 他们聚会办得很好的。他们钱多,多到不知道该怎么花,而且他们通常玩得很开心。

Natalie: No, no, I get it. I'm in. 我懂了,我也去

Alex: Jennifer Chu? 詹妮弗·楚? Natalie: Shit! 糟糕!

Ryan: That'll be fine. 没事的

Ryan: Doing all right? 你还好吧? Alex: Yeah. This was a great idea. 很好,真是个好主意

Natalie: You're so pretty. You're exactly what I wanna look like in 15 years. 你真漂亮。15年后,我希望能像你这样

Alex: Thank you, Natalie. 谢谢你,娜塔莉 Natalie: You should dance. 你应该去跳舞 Alex: Come on. 来吧 Ryan: No, no, no. 不,不,不 Alex: Come on. 来吧

Dave: Hi. I'm Dave. 你好,我是戴夫 Natalie: I'm Natalie. 我是娜塔莉。

Dave: Who's Jennifer? 詹妮弗是谁? Natalie: I don't know. 我不知道。

All right. How's everybody doing out there? All right. Right about now, give it up for a very special alpha TECH guest. Young MC! 大家玩得开心吗?现在有请一位阿尔法技术公司的特殊客人。主持人杨!

What's up, alpha TECH?I got a busted computer at home. Can somebody fix it for me? 阿尔法技术公司的朋友们,你们好吗?我家电脑坏了,有人能帮我修一下吗?

(Rap)

Bust a move! 跳起来吧!

- Say, "Yeah!" - 说“耶!”

- Yeah! - 耶!

- Say, "Oh, yeah!" - 说“欧耶”

- Oh, yeah! - 欧耶!

- Say, "Bust a move!" - 说“跳起来”

- Bust a move! - 跳起来

- Say, "Bust a move!" - 说“跳起来”

- Bust a move! - 跳起来

- Let me hear you say, "Yeah!" - 让我听到你说“耶”

- Yeah! - 耶

Ryan: I want you to have a key to my place. 给你一张我房间的钥匙卡。

Alex: Wow. I had no idea we were at that point in our relationship. 哇,没想到咱俩的关系已经到这一步了,

Ryan: - Yes. 没错 Alex: - Wow. 哇

Ryan: Where is she? 她上哪里去了?

Alex: Back home I don't get to act the way I do with you. 回到家,我就像变了一个人

Ryan: - That's why I don't have a back home. 所以我没有家。

Alex: I know. You're so cool. Mr. Empty Backpack. 我知道。你太酷了,空背包先生。

Ryan: - You know about my backpack? 你知道有关背包的事?

Alex: I googled you. 我谷歌过你 Ryan: You did? 真的?

Alex: It's what us modern girls do when we have a crush. 我们现代女孩喜欢别人的时候都这么干。 Ryan: Did it bother you? 你对我的观点有看法没?

Alex: It depends. Is the bag empty because you hate people or because you hate the baggage that they come along with? 这要看你清空背包是因为讨厌他们,还是因为你讨厌他们带太多行李?

Ryan: I don't hate people. I'm not exactly a hermit. 我不讨厌他们,我并不是个隐士

Alex: You just don't want to be tied down with the whole responsibility thing?那你只是不想被责任所牵绊? Ryan: I don't know what originally sparked the backpack. Probably needed to be alone. Recently, I've been thinking that I needed to empty the backpack before I knew what to put back in it. 我也不知道为什么,可能就想自己一个人吧。最近我一直在想我得先清空背包,然后弄清该把什么放回去。

Alex: Oh, no! 噢,不 Ryan: I think we're out of gas. 没油了

Ryan: Hey. You're up? 嘿,你起来了?

Alex: Yeah, I have to fly standby and make a meeting in Cincinnati.对,我要去等候补座位赶去辛辛那提开会。

Ryan: Okay. 好。 Alex: I made you feel cheap. 我让你觉得自己低贱了。

Ryan: It's all right. Just leave the money on the dresser. 没关系的,把钱放在梳妆台上就行。

Alex: I'll text you later so we can swap schedules. 一会儿给你发短信,我们交换行程表。

Ryan: Hey. I really like you. 嘿,我真的很喜欢Alex: - I like you, too. 我也喜欢你。

你。

Ryan: - Good. Go catch your plane. 很好。去赶飞机吧。

Natalie: Last night...It was kind of out of hand, and I said things... I'm not actually sure of everything that I said, but I didn't want you to think... 昨晚…事情有点失控,我说了一些…我不知道我说的话是否合适。我不想让你觉得…

Ryan: Just relax. It was nice to see you cut loose. So, did you wake him up or slip out? 别紧张,看到你放松也是不错的。你叫醒他还是直接溜了?

Natalie: What? 什么?

Ryan: This morning. Your new friend. Did you wake him up for an awkward goodbye or did you just slip out and make him feel like a whore? 今天早上,你的新朋友。你有没有叫醒他,跟他尴尬地道别。还是你溜走了,让他觉得自己是个男妓。

Natalie: - I just left. 我直接离开了

Ryan: - Protocol's always tricky. 礼仪这东西总是不好掌控

Natalie: What happened to Alex? 艾莉克斯呢?

Ryan: She had to leave town early to get to a meeting. 她得早走,去赶一个会议。

Natalie: That's too bad. Where does she live? 太遗憾了,她住哪里。

Ryan: Chicago. 芝加哥。

Natalie: Thinking of going to see her? 要去看她吗?

Ryan: We don't really have that kind of relationship. Try right over there. 我们的关系没到那一步,放那边试试。那个方向。

Natalie: What kind of relationship do you have? 你俩关系到哪一步了?

Ryan: Well, you know, casual. 你知道的,很随意的关系

Natalie: - Sounds pretty special. 听着很特别啊 Ryan: It works for us. 对我们挺合适

Natalie: Don't you think there's a future there? 你觉得你俩有未来吗?

Ryan: I never really thought about it. What's going on here? 我从来没有想过这个,怎么回事?

Natalie: Really never thought about it? 真的没有想过? Ryan: - No. 没有

Natalie: How can you not think about that? How does it not even cross your mind that you might want a future with someone? 你怎么会没想过?你怎么会从没想过可能跟别人有未来?

Ryan: It's simple. You know that moment when you look into somebody's eyes and you can feel them staring into your soulnand the whole world goes quiet just for a second? 很简单,你看着对方的眼睛,你就知道了。你能感受到她的眼睛能看透你的灵魂然后整个世界都安静下来?

Natalie: Yes. 对 Ryan: - Right. Well, I don't. 好吧,我觉不出来

Natalie: You're an asshole. 你是个混蛋

Ryan: No. Look, I'm just dicking around. Come on. Give me a hand. 我不是。我只是到处混,别管了,帮帮忙。

Natalie: Don't you think it's worth giving her a chance? 你不觉得你该给她一个机会吗?

Ryan: A chance to what? 什么机会?

Natalie: A chance at something real. 美梦成真的机会

Ryan: Natalie, your definition of real is going to evolve as you get older. 娜塔莉,你对美梦成真的定义会随着你年龄增长而改变。

Natalie: Can you stop condescending for one second or is that one of the principles of your bullshit philosophy? 你可不可以别倚老卖老。这是你狗屎哲学的原则之一?

Ryan: Bullshit philosophy? 狗屎哲学?

Natalie: The isolation, the traveling. Is that supposed to be charming? 孤立、旅行这很迷人吗?

Ryan: No, it's simply a life choice. 不,这只是个生活选择

Natalie: It's a cocoon of self-banishment. 这是自我放逐

Ryan: Wow. Big words.哇,高深的词汇

Natalie: Screw you.去你的 Ryan: Screw you, too.我还去你的嘞

Natalie: You have set up a way of life that basically makes it impossible for you to have any kind of human connection. And now this woman comes along and somehow runs the gauntlet of your ridiculous life choice and comes out on the other end smiling just so you can call her "casual"? I need to grow up? You're a 12-year-old. 你所过的生活让你基本不能拥有任何人类关系,现在这个女人出现了,面带笑容地接受你荒唐的生活选择,却还要被你称为“关系随意”?我需要成长?你自己才是12岁。

Ryan: I don't have a gauntlet... Fuck. 我没有让她接受…靠。 Ryan: Now, listen, these Detroit guys can be tough. They've been getting hammered. So, you don't get distracted. Stick with the simple stuff. You get these packets in their hand and you get them out the door, okay? 听着,底特律男人很强硬,受的打击不小,所以,你不要分心,专心做你的事。你把这些手册给他们,然后让他们出去。

Craig:Hey, welcome to Detroit. 嘿,欢迎来到底特律

Ryan: What's going on here? 怎么回事?

Craig:I've been looking at those great numbers over the last few days. I thought maybe we should just nut up and give this a try. 这几天我一直在想这能省我们很多钱,我想或许我们应该勇敢地试试水。

Ryan: We could use a little more time. 我们还需要一点时间。

Craig:Well, you got to leave the nest at some point, huh? 不过鸟儿长大了,总得离巢吧。

Ryan: This is a real company, Craig. We're here to do some damage. 克雷格,这是个现实世界的公司,我们是来搞破坏的。

Craig:I know. It's a good thing we brought our best, okay. Let's stop screwing around. 我知道,用最好的科技是件好事。开始干正事吧。

All right. Just give me a minute to prepare and get my things together. 好的,给我一分钟准备一下材料。 Craig:I was thinking that Natalie was going to take this one. 我想让娜塔莉来处理这个。

Ryan: She's hardly ready for that. 她还没准备好。

Craig:I've been watching her results the last few days. She's great. 这几天我一直在看她的报告,她没问题的。

Ryan: This is a whole other animal. 这是完全不同的东西。

Craig:You know, she created it and everything, right? Natalie, are you not up for it? 她建立了这个系统。娜塔莉,你可以了吗。

Natalie: Yeah, I'm game. 可以了,我来吧。 Craig:That's my girl. 很好。

Ryan: Just remember, don't apologize, don't tell them how hard this is for you. Today's one of the worst days they're ever gonna have in their life. How we feel doesn't even compare. 记住,不要道歉,不要告诉他们你也很难过。今天是他们人生中最差的日子,我们的感觉跟他们无法比拟。

Natalie: Got it. 知道了

Ryan: All right. Just keep it professional. You'll be fine. 好了,专业点就行,你会做很好的。

Samuels: What's all this? What's going on? 这是干嘛?怎么回事?

Natalie: Hello, Mr. Samuels. I wish I were here with better news. However, your position here at Wertheimer's is no longer available. 你好,塞缪尔斯先生。我希望能给你带来好消息,可是,在沃斯米尔公司,你的职务已经不存在了。

What are you talking about? 你在说什么啊? Natalie: You've been let go. 你可以离职了。 Samuels: Just like that? Who are you? 就这样?你是谁啊?

Natalie: My name is Miss Keener, and I'm here today to talk about your options. 我的名字是基纳小姐,今天我来跟你谈谈你的出路。

Samuels: I worked for this company for 17 years and they send a fourth-grader to can me? What the fuck is this? 我为这家公司工作了17年,他们派个四年级生来炒我鱿鱼?这到底是什么意思?

Natalie: It's perfectly normal to be upset. However, the sooner you can tell yourself that greater opportunities are waiting for you... 你感到难过是非常正常的,可是,你越早想通,就越能发现更好的机会在等着你。

Samuels: Greater opportunities? I'm 57 fucking years old. 更好的机会?我他妈的57岁了。

Natalie: Anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. And it's because they sat there that they were able to do it. There's a packet in front of you. I want you to take some time and review it. All the answers you're looking for are inside those pages. The sooner you trust the process, the sooner the next step of your life will unveil itself. I need you to go back to your office now and start putting together your personal things. Mr. Samuels, that's all we can discuss now. Mr. Samuels. Mr. Samuels. Mr. Samuels! 任何创立了王国或改变了世界的人,都曾跟你有同样的处境,正因为有这样的处境,他们才能取得成功。你前面有一本手册,希望你能花点时间好好看看,你能找到你所需的答案。你越早相信我们,你的生活就能越快进入下一阶段。现在请你回到你的办公室,开始收拾你的个人物品。塞缪尔斯先生,我们的讨论到此结束。塞缪尔斯先生。塞缪尔斯先生。塞缪尔斯先生!

Ryan: You did good. You okay? You want me to take over?你干的不错。你行吗?需要我来吗?

Natalie: No, I'm all right.不用,我没事

Ryan: No. Look, we just got here. That's one place. I think we need to try a few more. Maybe it doesn't make a difference, but it's comforting to know that we're in the next room. I know you don't give a shit about my comfort. I think we could try a few more, that's all I'm saying. Fine. All right. Okay. All right. He thought you did a great job. You did. I'm real proud of you. 不,我们刚到这里,才做了一家公司,我们需要再多试几家,可能不会有区别。可知道我们在隔壁,会让人觉得宽慰,我知道你不关心我宽慰与否,我觉得我们应该再试几家,我就这个意思。好吧。好的,好的。他认为你干得很好,你干得很好,我为你骄傲。

Natalie: Thanks. 谢谢。

Ryan: They're pulling us off the road. 他们不让我们出差了,我们回家去。

Natalie: We're going home. Really? For good? 真的吗?说真的?

Ryan: Yeah. Good job. 对。干得好。

Natalie: I'm sorry about what I said about Alex. That was out of line. 抱歉我说的关于艾莉克斯的事,我太过了。

Ryan: It's all right. I understand. 没事,我理解的。

Natalie: I mean, who am I to be doling out relationship advice, right? 我怎么有资格给别人当爱情顾问,对吧。

Ryan: No kidding. 可不是 Natalie: Are you gonna be okay? 你会没事吧?

Ryan: What do you mean? 你什么意思?

Natalie: In Omaha? 在奥马哈? Ryan: I don't know. 我不知道。

Natalie: It's better than you'd think. Ryan. Ryan. Where are you going? 会比你想象的好。瑞恩。瑞恩,你去哪里?

Ryan: I'm grabbing another flight. Something I've got to take care of. I'll see you back at home. 我去坐另一班飞机,有事要处理。回去以后见。

Ryan: Okay, just walk it in a little. A little more. There you go. Yeah. Got it. 好,走近一点。再走近一点。行了,拍好了。

Alex: They're a cute couple.他们是可爱的一对儿

Ryan: You think so? 是吗?

Alex: Yeah, they'll make cute kids.是,他们会生出可爱的小孩

Ryan: How do you like Wisconsin in February?你觉得二月的威斯康星州怎么样?

Alex: I like it if you're there. And I know a killer burger in Milwaukee.你在的话,我就喜欢,我知道密尔沃基有个狂好吃的汉堡店。

Ryan: Northern Wisconsin. What are you doing this weekend? 北威斯康星州。这周末你干嘛?

Alex: No. 不行

Ryan : What, I haven't...什么,我还没?

Alex: Well, you want me to be your date? 你想让我做你的女伴?

Ryan: - Yeah. Yeah.对,对

Alex: At your sister's wedding? 参加你妹妹的婚礼?

Ryan: It's not like I know her that well. Look, I'm not the wedding type, right? But for the first time in my life, I don't want to be that guy alone at a bar. I want a dance partner. I want a "plus one." And if you can stomach it, I'd like it to be you.我跟她也不是很熟。我不喜欢参加婚礼。这辈子第一次,我不想独自一人喝着酒,我想要个

舞伴,想带个人一起去,如果你觉得行的话,我希望那个人是你。 Ryan: Excuse me. Are you available? 不好意思,您这里可以办吗?

Woman: This line's for members of our Matterhorn Program. 我这里是马特洪会员专用的

Kara: Hey. Ryan. Hey. 嘿,瑞恩。嘿。

Ryan: Kara. Hi. Hi. Hey. Hi. Alex, this is my sister Kara. 你好。嘿,你好。凯拉,你好啊。艾莉克斯,这是我姐姐凯拉。

Alex: Hi. 你好。

Kara: Well, hello. Ryan's told me nothing about you. So, you two are dating? 你好。瑞恩没跟我提起过你。你俩在谈朋友吗?

Alex: Not exactly. 也不是。

Kara: Well, hey, don't worry about it. We're all getting a little old to be calling someone girlfriend. I remember when Mom used to call Jack her boyfriend. God. Drove me up the wall. Boyfriends are for kids, right? 嘿,不要担心这个,我们都过了被人称为女朋友的年龄。我记得妈妈以前管杰克叫男朋友,天哪,我差点疯了。男朋友是年轻人的叫法,对吧。

Ryan: So, what are you doing at the hotel? 你在旅馆干什么?

Kara: Yeah. Okay, Frank and I are trying out a trial separation. 我和弗兰克试着分居。

Ryan: I 'm sorry. So, you're not staying at the house? 对不起,那你没住家里?

Kara: No, there was a room on hold here, so I thought I'd just take it for the weekend. 没,我在这里有个房间,所以我想我就住个周末。

Ryan: So, the rehearsal dinner. 那,预演晚餐?

Kara: Yeah, tonight. I'll see you two there. 对,今晚,到时候见。

Alex: Nice digs. 挺整洁啊。 Ryan: There's a packet. 有本手册。

Kara: Hey, look who's here. 嘿,看看谁来了。

- Oh, my God! - 噢,天哪!

- He finally made it. - 他终于来了

- Oh, my God! Ryan! - 噢,天哪!瑞恩

- Hey. - 嘿

Hi你好

Julie: You must be Alex. 你一定是艾莉克斯

Alex: Yes, I am. Hi. How are you? 我是,你好吗?

Julie: You are so beautiful. Kara was right. 你真漂亮,凯拉没说错

Alex: Thank you.谢谢

Julie: Gosh. You look so grown-up. 天啊,你看着好成熟

Ryan: I do? You're the one that's getting married. 是吗?可你是要结婚的那个人啊

Julie: I know, right? You haven't even seen my ring. 我知道,是吧?你还没看我的戒指

Ryan: Look at that. 看看 Julie: It's lovely. 好可爱啊

Julie: Jim designed it. 吉姆设计的

Ryan: That's... 这是? Julie: Hey, Jim. 嘿,吉姆

Ryan: Hey. 嘿 Jim: How's it going? 你好吗?

Ryan: Hey. I'm Ryan. 嘿,我是瑞恩

Jim: Jim. Good to meet you. 吉姆,很高兴见到你

Alex: Alex. 我是艾莉克斯

Jim: Pleasure. 幸会 Alex: Pleasure. 幸会

Jim: Thank you, guys, for coming. Brother!谢谢你们能来。兄弟。

Ryan: It's true, though. 没错 Jim: Yeah, it's crazy.是,很疯狂

Ryan: I got the pictures you asked me to get. 我带了你要的照片。

Julie: You can just put them right there. 放到那边吧。 Ryan: Yeah, okay. 好的。Ryan: You got so many of them up there, I almost didn't have room. 这里好多照片,我都没地方放了。 Julie: I know. It's so great. Everyone just chipped in. 我知道,太好了,大家都在帮我拍。

Ryan: What gave you the idea to do something so... 你怎么会想到做这么?

Alex: Substantial. 有价值的事。

Julie: Well, Jim has a lot of our nest egg invested in this real estate venture. 吉姆把很多钱都投资在房地产上。

Jim: It's a real estate investment. 做房地产投资。

Julie: It's exciting, but we went over our finances and... 令人兴奋,可看了我们的财务状况?

Jim: A honeymoon just kind of at this state in the game just doesn't really seem affordable. 现在我们负担不起蜜月的费用

Julie: So, you know, we just thought, "Just because we can't travel doesn't mean we can't have pictures."所以,我们就想“不能出去玩并不意味着不能有照片”

Alex: No, I think that's a fabulous idea. 对,我觉得这个想法妙极了

Ryan: Yeah, it's a good one. 对,想法很棒

Jim: I mean, the concept is turnkey everything. Okay? You buy a maintenance contract when you get the home. You know, we'll whack your weeds, we'll change your light bulbs. Furniture, you can bring your own or else you can pick one of our beautiful packages. Seamless traditionalism, yet all the perks. 概念就是可立即入住,收房时签一个维修合同,我们帮你修草坪,帮你换灯泡,家具可以用自己的,也可以从我们提供的家具里挑选完美的传统主义,很经典。

Ryan: Nice. 不错

Jim: And we all need a place to call our own. This is America. This is what we were promised. 我们都需要一个自己的家。这里是美国,这是我们应得的。

Ryan: It's a nice touch. 说得好。 Jim: What?什么?

Ryan: The bit at the end about the promise. I like that part. 后面关于应得的那个,我喜欢这个部分 Jim: Thanks. You... You still renting that one-bedroom? 谢谢。你?你还租着那个一室户吗?

Ryan: No. I gave it up. 没,我没租了 Jim: So, you own now? 那你买房子了?

Ryan: No. 没有 Jim: But you're looking? 你在找房子吗?

Ryan: No, not really. 也没有 Jim: So, you're just good? 就这样?

Ryan: I'm good. 就这样。 Jim: Well, that's good. 很好。

Woman: Can you believe it's tomorrow? How are you gonna sleep? 明天就是大日子了,你怎么睡的着 Julie: I don't know. 我不知道。

Woman: Well, do you want some Xanax? 要来点阿普唑仑吗?

Ryan: I don't think that's for sleeping. 那药不是安眠的

Julie: Yeah. No, I think I'll just have a glass of warm milk. 对,不是的,我想我就喝一杯热牛奶吧

Woman: That'll do the trick. 也管用的

Julie: Okay. See you tomorrow. 好,明天见

Okay. 好

Bye. 再见 Bye.再见

Jim: Hey. There's another box inside. 嘿,里面还有一个箱子

Alex: I'll grab it. 我去拿 Ryan: You sure? 你可以吗?

Alex: Yeah, yeah, yeah. 没事,没事

Ryan: Jim seems like a good guy. 吉姆看上去是个好人

Julie: Yeah, isn't he great? 是,他很好

Kara: He's going to make a great husband. 他会成为好丈夫

Ryan: You know, Julie, I was thinking, you know, with Dad not being here, to walk you down the aisle. 朱莉,我在想,爸爸不在,有没有人牵着你走进教堂。

Julie: Yeah. No, Jim's uncle is gonna do it. 嗯。有,吉姆的叔叔来做这个。

Kara: He's been really supportive. 他非常帮忙

Julie: He's been great. 是个大好人

Ryan: Well, good. That's great. I just wanted to make sure that you... I wanted you to be covered, that's all. So, I should be there, what? 好的,太好了,我只是想确定你?我想看看事情是不是都有人做了,就这样。那我几点到?

Julie: Yeah, the guests are arriving around 5:00, and things get going at 5:30, so around then. 客人5点左右到场,仪式5点半开始,差不多那个时候到就行。

Ryan: Okay. Let me... I'm gonna help you with those. Got it. 好的。让我?我来帮你。好了。

Kara: It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. 没事的,没事的

Ryan: None of that was here. This is all new. 这里大变样了,全都是新的。

Alex: Really? Is that all you got? 真的吗?你就这么点能耐吗?

Ryan: What? 什么? Alex: Give me a boost. 推我一把

Ryan: Watch... Hang on. I took Geography in here. 小心? 等等。我在这里上地理课。

Alex: You ever fool around with one of your teachers? 你有没有跟老师好过?

Ryan: No. Did you? 没,你呢? Alex: No. Not until college. 没,大学之前没有 Ryan: That's me on the right. 右边那个是我 Alex: It's kind of hard to tell. 看不出来啊

Ryan: You can tell by the eyebrows. 你可以看眉毛

Alex: You played basketball? 你打篮球的?

Ryan: I was a point guard. Don't act so surprised.控球后卫,不用这么吃惊吧。

Alex: II didn't know you were such a jock. 我不知道你是运动员呢

Ryan: That's me, too. And that. My first fight. 那也是我。还有那里,我打的第一次架。

Alex: How'd it go? 怎么样?

Ryan: Got my ass kicked. This is where we used to go to make out. 被人扁了。这里是卿卿我我的地方。 Alex: Yes. Yeah. This is very romantic. 不错,这里很浪漫。

Ryan: Go, Cougars! 豹子们,加油!

Alex: I'm really happy I came here. 我非常高兴来了这里。

Ryan: So am I. It's Kara. Hey. 我也是。凯拉打来的。嘿。

Kara: Ryan, where are you? We're having a meltdown here. 瑞恩,你在哪里?我们这里出事了。

Ryan: What's going on? What happened? 出什么事了?怎么了?

Kara: It's Jim. Can you get back here? We need your help. 是吉姆,你能回来吗?我们需要你帮忙 Ryan: Okay. We got to go. 好的,我们得走了。

Alex: I'll grab your suit. 我去帮你拿衣服 Ryan: Thanks. 谢谢

Ryan: What happened? 怎么了? Jim's got cold feet. 吉姆临阵退缩了

Ryan: Today? 今天? Kara: Yeah, that's how cold feet work. 对,这就是临阵退缩的意思。 What do you want me to do? 你想让我做什么?

Kara: Talk to him. 跟他谈谈。

Ryan: You want me to talk to him? 你让我跟他谈?

Kara: Hey, it's either you or me. You know my track record. I've already struck out once. 嘿,不是你就是我,你知道我的记录,我已经出局过一次了。

Ryan: I haven't been to bat. I haven't been in the dugout. 我连赛场都没上过,连赛场都没靠近过。 Kara: Don't you talk for a living? Motivational-type stuff? 你的工作不就是谈话吗?动机类的东西。 Ryan: I tell people how to avoid commitment. 我教人们怎么逃避责任。

Kara: What kind of fucked-up message is that? 这是什么鬼东西?

Ryan: It's a philosophy. 是哲学。 Kara: It's stupid. 是愚蠢。

Ryan: Hey, it could have helped you. 嘿,这可能会帮到你。

Kara: Ryan, you haven't been around much. Fuck, basically, you don't exist to us. I know you wanna be there for her. Well, here it is. This is your chance. 瑞恩,你一直都不在,妈的,对我们来说你基本上就不存在。我知道你会帮她,好了,现在就是你的机会。

Jim: Hey. What's up, Ryan? 嘿,怎么了,瑞恩。 Ryan: Jim. 吉姆。

Jim: You ever read this before? 你看过这个吗?。

Ryan: Yeah, it's pretty powerful stuff. 看过,很强大的一本书。

Jim: Yeah, I'll say. 对,是这样。

Ryan: Kara mentioned that you were having some thoughts. 凯拉说你有些想法。

Jim: I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this. 我觉得我做不了这个。

Ryan: And why would you say that today? 那你为什么今天说呢?。

Jim: Well, last night I was kind of laying in bed and I couldn't get to sleep, so I started thinking about the wedding and the ceremony, and about our buying a house and moving in together, and having a kid and then having another kid. And then Christmas and Thanksgiving and spring break and going to football games. And then, all of a sudden, they're graduating, they're getting jobs, and they're getting married, and, you know, I'm a grandparent. And then I'm retired. I'm losing my hair. I'm getting fat. And then the next thing you know, I'm dead. I'm just, like... I can't stop from thinking, "What's the point?" I mean, what is the point? 昨晚,我躺在床上睡不着,然后我开始想婚礼和仪式的事情。我们买房子,一起搬进去,生孩子,然后再生一个孩子,圣诞节、感恩节、放春假,足球比赛,忽然间,他们就毕业了。他们找到工作,结婚,然后,我就成了祖父辈的了。然后我退休,掉头发,发胖,接来下就是我死了。我就?我一直想,“这有什么意义?”这有什么意义?

Ryan: The point? 意义? starting here? 对,我现在在做什么?

Jim: Yeah, I mean, what am I

Ryan: Jim, it’s marriage. It's one of the most beautiful things on earth. It's what people aspire to. 吉姆,这是婚姻,是地球上最美好的事情之一,人们都为了这个而努力。

Jim: You never got married. 你又没结过婚。 Ryan: That's true. 没错。

Jim: I mean, you never even tried. 你试都没试过

Ryan: Well, it's hard to define try. 很难定义有没有试过

Jim: I don't know, just... You seem happier than all my married friends. 我不知道,只是?比起我所有结了婚的朋友,你看上去更开心。

Ryan: Look, Jim, I'm not gonna lie to you. Marriage can be a pain in the ass. And you're kind of right. This all is just stuff that leads to your eventual demise. 吉姆,我不想对你说谎。婚姻会成为一件痛苦的事,你说的话有对的地方这些事情的确把你带向死亡的最终归宿。

Jim: Yes. 没错

Ryan: And we're all on running clocks, and they can't be slowed down or paused, and, you know, we all end up in the same place. 时间在一分一秒地过去,我们不能让时间变慢或暂停,我们都会去到同样的一个归宿。

Jim: Yeah. 对 Ryan: T here is no point. 是没有意义

Jim: There is no point. That's what I'm saying. 没有意义,我就是这个意思。

Ryan: You know, I'm not normally the guy you would talk to about stuff like this. If you think about it, your favorite memories, the most important moments in your life, were you alone? 你知道,通常我不会跟人讨论这种事情,如果你仔细想想,你最美好的记忆,人生中最重要的时刻,是孤身一人的时候吗?

Jim: No, I guess not. 我想不是的。

Ryan: Hey, come to think of it, last night, the night before your wedding, when all this shit is swirling around in your head, weren't you guys sleeping in separate bedrooms? 想想吧,昨晚,你婚礼的前一晚,你脑子里胡思乱想的时候,你们是不是分开睡的?

Jim: Yeah, Julie went back to the apartment, and I was just by myself in the honeymoon suite. 对,朱莉回家睡了,我自己睡在蜜月套房里。

Ryan: Kind of lonely, huh? 有点孤单,是吗? Jim: Yes, it was pretty lonely. 对,非常孤单。 Ryan: Life's better with company. 有人陪比较Jim: Yeah. 对。

好。

Ryan: Everybody needs a co-pilot. 每个人都需要一个副机长。

Jim: That was a nice touch. 这个说法好 Ryan: Thanks. 谢谢

Ryan: Jim: So, what's the mood like out there? 大家情绪怎么Ryan: It's not good. 不大好。 样?

Jim: She's pretty pissed? 她很生气吗? Ryan: She's upset. 她伤心了

Jim: What should I do? 我该怎么办? Ryan: Go get her. 去找她吧。

Jim: I'm such a fuck-up. I love you so much. Will you be my co-pilot? 我是个混蛋,我非常爱你。你愿意做我的副机长吗?

Julie: Yes. Yes. 愿意,愿意。 Kara: Welcome home. 欢迎回家。

Ryan: Okay, this is your stop. 好了,到地方了。

Alex: When am I gonna see you? 什么时候能见到你?

Ryan: You're just gonna have to come visit. 你得过来看我。

Alex: So settled. You're not gonna change on me, are you? 你不漂泊了,你人不会变吧。

Ryan: No. Same guy. Just one address. 不会,还是我,只是常住一个地方。

Woman: This is your final boarding call for American Airlines flight number 3972 to Chicago. 最后一次登机广播,乘坐美国航空公司3972航班,飞往芝加哥的乘客请登机。

Alex: All right. Call me when you get lonely. 好了,孤单时给我打电话。 Ryan: I'm lonely. 我孤单了。 Natalie: Some guy sits down in a conference room somewhere and our server routes his session to one of our termination engineers. 有人坐在某地的会议室里,我们的服务器将他的图像传送给我们的工作终结工程师。

Ryan: "Termination engineers"? Really? “工作终结工程师”?说真的?

Natalie: I preferred "terminators," but it bumped with Legal. 我喜欢“终结者”的称呼,可法律不允许。 Ryan: Can't imagine why. 真不知道为什么

Natalie: They follow a workflow that takes them through anything from a standard dismissal to a violent aggressor. 他们按照工作流程走,该流程涵盖了所有方面,从标准解雇业务到暴力反应。

Ryan: What are they doing now? Are they practicing? 他们在做什么?在练习吗?

Natalie: Well, beta testing, role-playing. We go live at the end of the month. Kyle, you're running through the events too quickly. You need to give them time to acknowledge each statement, okay? It's a legal thing. Ryan? 做测试、角色扮演,我们月底上线。凯尔,你进行得太快了,你得给他们时间来了解每个声明,好吗?这是法律规定的。瑞恩?

Ryan: Yeah. There's more? This is ridiculous. 嗯,还有啊?真是荒唐。

(But, you know, Legal's really starting to come hard at me on this term "terminate," so... 可是,法务部坚持认为,“终结”这个词不合适,所以?)

Man: Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for today's challenge speaker, Mr. Ryan Bingham. Go get them. 女士们先生们,请鼓掌欢迎今天的演讲者瑞恩·宾汉先生。上吧。

Ryan: Last year, I flew 350,000 miles. The moon is 250. I want you to imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack. I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders. You feel them? Now I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life. Start with the little things, the things on shelves and in drawers. Excuse me. 去年,我飞了35万英里,而地球到月球的距离是25万英里。我要你想象一下背着一个背包,我要你感受背包带勒在肩膀上的感觉,感觉到了吗?现在我要你把你生活中的所有东西都装进背包里,从小东西开始,先是书架上和抽屉里的东西。对不起。

Man: What the fuck are you doing? Okay, everyone, just relax. 你到底在做什么?没事的,大家轻松一点。 Man: Hey, you gotta sign. 嘿,你得签字。

Ryan: Thought I did that already. 还以为签过了呢。

Man: Okay, thank you. 好了,谢谢。

Ryan: All right. 好的。

Man: Hey, you forgot to give me your Hertz No.1 Gold Card! 嘿,你忘了给我赫兹一号金卡了。

Ryan: So, I was in the neighborhood. 我经过这附近

(Hey! Hey, wait! Wait, wait.?? 嘿!嘿,等会儿!等会儿,等会儿。)

Man: Hey, honey, who's at the door? 嘿,亲爱的,是谁啊?

Alex: It's just somebody who's lost. 有人来问路

Ryan: Alex? 艾莉克斯?

Alex: What were you thinking, showing up at my door like that? 你怎么想的,就那样出现在我家门口? Ryan: What do you mean? I... I wanted to see you. I didn't know you had a family. Why wouldn't you tell me that? 你什么意思?我?我想见你我不知道你有家室,你为什么不告诉我?

Alex: Look, I'm sorry I ruined your evening, but, I mean, you could have seriously screwed things up for me. That's my family. That's my real life. 对不起,我让你吃了闭门羹,不过你可能会给我带来严重的伤害。那是我的家庭,是我的真实生活。

Ryan: I thought I was a part of your real life. 我以为我是你真实生活的一部分。

Alex: I thought we signed up for the same thing. 我以为我们的想法是一样的。

Ryan: Try and help me understand exactly what it is that you signed up for. 解释给我听一下你的想法是什么。

Alex: I thought our relationship was perfectly clear. I mean, you are an escape. You're a break from our

normal lives. You're a parenthesis. 我以为我俩的关系非常清楚。我是说,你是个逃避主义者。你跟正常生活是脱节的,你不会动真感情。

Ryan: I'm a parenthesis? 我不会动真感情?

Alex: I mean... What do you want? Tell me what you want. You don't even know what you want. I'm a grown-up, okay? So, if you would like to see me again, then give me a call. Okay? 我是说?你想要什么? 告诉我你要什么。你都不知道自己要什么。我是个成年人,如果你想再见我,就给我打电话。好吗?

Woman: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special announcement to make. Our pilot has just informed me that we are passing over the city of Dubuque, which might not mean much to most of you, but means a lot to one of our flyers today. 女士们先生们,现在播报一个特别通知,机长通知我们正飞过迪比克上空,这对大部分人来说并不意味着什么,可对我们当中的一位乘客却有着重要意义。

Ryan: Oh, no. 噢,不是吧

Woman: Because he just hit 10 million miles! 因为他刚达到了1000万英里的累积里程。

Congratulations. Such an amazing accomplishment. You must be very, very excited. Hi, Captain. 恭喜你。真是个惊人的数字。你一定非常、非常兴奋吧。你好,机长。

Captain: That seat taken? 这个座位有人吗?

Ryan: No. No. 没有,没有。

Captain: You're the youngest yet to hit 10 mil. Don't know where you found the time. 你是达到1000万英里的最年轻人士,不知道你怎么有这么多时间飞行。

Ryan: Yeah. I don't know. 是啊,我也不知道。

Captain: Oh, yeah. Here you go. Seventh card we've made. Small club. We really appreciate your loyalty. 噢,对了,给你,我们做的第七张卡,尊贵独享。非常感谢你一直坐我们公司的飞机。

Ryan: You know how many times I thought about this moment? Played out the conversation that you and I would have right here. 你知道这个时刻我想过多少次了吗?想象着你和我之间的对话。

Captain: Really? What did you want to say? 真的吗?在想象中,你想说什么?

Ryan: You know, I don't remember. 我不记得了

Captain: That's all right. It happens to all of us. So, where are you from? 没关系,我们都会这样的。你从哪里来?

Ryan: I'm from here. 飞机就是我的家。

Woman: Hello, Mr. Bingham. 宾汉先生,您好。

Ryan: How did you know it was me? 你怎么知道是我?

Woman: This is your dedicated line. We reserve them for our most loyal and appreciated flyers. 这是您的专用号码,我们为最忠实的尊贵乘客预留专用号码。

Ryan: I'd like to transfer some of my miles. Can I open up an account to Jim and Julie Miller? 我想转一些里程出去,可以给我开个账号给吉姆和朱莉·米乐吗?

Woman: Certainly. How many miles would you like to transfer? 可以,你想转出多少里程数?

Ryan: How many miles does it take to circle the globe? 环球旅行需要多少英里?

Woman: We have our round-the-world tickets. They're 500,000 miles each. 我们有环球旅行的机票,每张50万英里

That'd be fine. 好的

Craig: Got a second? 有时间吗? Ryan: I'll call you back. 我给你回电话。

Craig: What the hell happened to you yesterday? I was trying to get hold of you all day. 你昨天到底怎么回事?我昨天找了你一天。

Ryan: I was... Some personal stuff. What's going on? 我去?处理私人事情了,怎么了?

Craig: Do you remember Karen Barnes, part of a 30-person reduction a few weeks back in Wichita? Natalie fired her. 你还记得凯伦·巴尼斯吗?几周前你们在威奇托开除的30个人之一。娜塔莉解雇了她。

Ryan: I fire dozens of people a day. I... 我一天解雇几十个人,我?

Craig: She killed herself, jumped off a bridge. 她自杀了,从桥上跳下去的。

Ryan: Fuck. 妈的。

Craig: I need to know if you remember any woman that gave you any signals, depression... 我想知道你是否记得任何女人有这种迹象,看上去低落……

Ryan: They're all depressed. We're firing them. 他们都很低落,我们在开除他们

Craig: Hey, I need to ask you this stuff, okay? 嘿,我必须问你这些东西,好吗

Ryan: No, I don't remember anything. You never think that they're... 不,我什么都不记得了,没想到他们会?

Craig: You don't remember any woman that gave you any signals? Anything at all, Ryan? 你不记得任何女人有这种迹象?完全没有吗,瑞恩?

Ryan: No, nothing stands out. Natalie all right? 没有,没有迹象。娜塔莉还好吗?

Craig: Natalie quit. 娜塔莉辞职了。

Ryan: She quit? 她辞职了?

Craig: Text message. Yeah, fucking nice, right? No one's got any manners anymore. 发短信辞的职。对,真他妈不错,对吧大家都没礼貌了。

Ryan: She say where she was going? 她说要去哪里了吗?

Craig: No. She was a little upset. 没,她有点难过。

Ryan: I should give her a call. 我该打个电话给她

Craig: I need you back in the air. Hey, did you hear what I said? I thought you'd be thrilled about that. 我需要你重新回到天上。嘿,你听到我的话了吗?我还以为你会激动万分呢。

Ryan: It's fine. What about the videoconferencing? 很好,视频会议的事怎么办?

Craig: CTC is going to pause the new-media front. They're gonna give it some more thought. We are gonna get our workhorses back in the air, doing what they do best, okay? 公司准备暂停使用新媒体,他们打算再仔细想想,我们准备让大家继续当空中飞人做他们擅长的事。

Ryan: How long are you sending me out? 你打算让我出多久的差?

Craig: We're gonna let you sail and sail. You send us a postcard if you ever get there. 我们会让你一直远航,到岸的话给我们发张明信片。 Boss: So, what happened? 发生什么事了?

Natalie: How exactly do you mean? 您指什么?

Boss: You graduated top of your class. You seemed to have your pick of employment, including right here. Instead you went to Omaha to fire people for a living? 你以优异的成绩毕业,你可以选择公司,包括我们这里,是你去了奥马哈,从事解雇他人的职业。

Natalie: It's challenging work. 那份工作有挑战性

Boss: I'll say. I can't imagine doing that day in, day out. Not in this climate. 我同意,我无法想象整天都做那个工作,尤其在这种形势下。

Natalie: I followed a boy. 我跟随男朋友去的。

Boss: Well, I guess everybody does that at one point or another. This guy says I'd be lucky to have you. 我想大家都会做这样的事,这人说请到你,我就走运了。

Ryan: To whom it may concern, I can't even count the number of people I've fired in my lifetime. So many

that I've actually forgotten what it's like to hire somebody. We've never met, but I know you'd be lucky to have Natalie Keener. My advice? Take her and don't look back. She'll be the best decision you've made in a long time. 致相关的人:我无法计算出我这一生解雇了多少人,太多了,以至于我已经忘记雇佣别人是什么感觉。我们从未谋面,可我知道,请到娜塔莉·基纳,您就走运了。需要我的建议吗?雇佣她,不要有顾虑,她将会是您做出的最正确的决定。

Boss: I sure hope he's right. 我当然希望他是对的。

People:

Well, I don't have a lot of hope, and I really don't know when it's gonna get better. There's a lot of people unemployed, and I really don't know when there's gonna be light at the end of the tunnel. 我的机会不是很多,我真的不知道什么时候会变好。有很多人下岗了,我真的不知道希望在哪里。

I can't find much to talk about. Talk about being proud. I'm proud of my kids. 我不知道该说什么,说说骄傲的事,孩子们是我的骄傲。

I think the anger comes from the fact that I just wasn't needed anymore. 公司不再需要我了,一想到这个,我就很生气。

I would say, you know, without my friends and my family, I wouldn't have made it. It would have been a lot tougher if I would have had to make it on my own. 我想说,没有朋友和家人,我做不到。如果只靠我自己,会困难很多。

When I wake up in the morning and I look over and I see my wife, that gives me the sense of purpose. 我早上醒来,转过头,看到我的妻子。这给了我明确的目标。

It's not all about the money. Money can keep you warm. It pays your heating bills, you know. It can buy you a blanket. But it's not as... Doesn't keep you as warm as when my husband holds me. 这并不全是钱的关系,钱能给人带来温暖,付暖气费,钱能买毛毯,可钱不能?我丈夫抱着我的时候,这种温暖是钱不能给的。

Let me get up. Let me get out. Let me find something. So, my kids are my purpose, my family. 让我站起来,让我出去,让我找到方向。所以,孩子们,是我的目标,我的家庭。

Ryan: Tonight most people will be welcomed home by jumping dogs and squealing kids. Their spouses will ask about their day, and tonight they'll sleep. The stars will wheel forth from their daytime hiding places. And one of those lights, slightly brighter than the rest, will be my wingtip passing over. 今晚大多数人回到家,蹦蹦跳跳的狗和叽叽喳喳的孩子会来欢迎他们。他们的另一半会问他们这一天过得怎么样,晚上他们进入梦乡,白天星星藏起来,晚上他们都出来了。有一盏灯,比其它灯稍亮一点,是我掠行而过的飞机机翼上的灯。

The end:Hi, Jason. My name is Kevin, and I recently lost my job. I wrote this song as sort of a statement about uncertainty and having a certain amount of anxiety about the future. So, maybe you can use it in your movie. 你好,杰森,我叫凯文。我最近失业了。我写的这首歌描述了不确定性,表达了对未来的焦虑,可能你可以把这首歌用到你的电影里。

更多相关推荐:
《在云端》观后感

在云端观后感相关背景在在云端又名直上云霄中男主角乔治克鲁尼和导演贾森雷特曼为我们堆砌了一大堆现代恶梦经济崩溃失恋各种名目繁多的裁员电影中乔治克鲁尼饰演的是一名叫瑞恩宾厄姆的公司裁员专家他的工作是飞来飞去为各地公...

在云端观后感

在云端的故事并不复杂甚至可以说有点简单讲的是乔治克鲁尼饰演的裁员专家瑞恩宾厄姆他的工作是飞来飞去为各地公司解决麻烦他的人生目标则是乘坐飞机积攒到1000万英里从而晋升为白金会员但瑞恩这种在路上的生活方式却受到新...

在云端观后感

在云端观后感电影给我留下了很深刻的印象开始慢慢羡慕起了HR目前自己很喜欢单独忙碌的生活很喜欢剧中的男主角根据剧中的提示我觉得作为一个HR应当具备的综合素质有1平和的心态对于这样一个岗位来说接触的人员从高阶的董事...

在云端观后感

在云端观后感在云端gt观后感一虚构的情节做一裁员公司说客心中的目标就是让被裁员的人心安理得或许你可以割舍任何牵挂而生活但这样的生活是否太过于gt孤独主人公也许就是在梦想中生活追求一千万里程的航程追求那种顶级贵宾...

在云端观后感

观在云端后有感自从上了商务沟通与谈判这门课之后我确实也对谈判沟通有了很大的兴趣于是在老师布置了观看在云端的任务后我还没开始看就抱着学习谈判技巧的态度在网上搜索这个电影看完之后感慨颇多其中不乏对情感或者说人类心理...

看《在云端》有感

20xx20xx02影视欣赏作业学班学姓院级号名二一一年五月看在云端有感在云端这部片子的背景是发生在20xx的美国自从全球性的金融危机爆发以后美国经济萧条各公司为度过难关只能不断地裁员裁员再裁员男主角瑞恩则担当...

云图观后感

云图观后感过年前我们九班同学去华星影城观看了电影云图云图是一部打破了以往电影观看规律的一部电影一部电影中讲述了五个故事故事中的五个主人公都具有一个相同特征身体上的某个部位有一个类似小彗星的斑正是这颗小彗星贯穿了...

《云图》观后感

云图观后感今天看完电影云图感觉电影要讲述的内容和思想比较深邃不易理解再加上电影分成六个部分穿插进行让人有些摸不着头脑这里简要的讲讲令我印象深刻的地方和我自己对电影的一些理解电影中六个故事都是相互关联而各位演员也...

电影《云图》观后感:欲望

电影云图观后感欲望电影云图观后感欲望寒假里去堂姐那个城市小住三日托了堂姐的福在那个城市最好的3D影院看了一场世界顶级的影片云图我原是不曾知晓这部片子的它在中国1月31日才刚刚上映如今能一饱眼福可谓是万幸之际了你...

《云图》观后感400字作文

云图观后感400字作文云图这部电影是一部很好看的电影很多人都受故事很多没有看懂就让我来给大家讲讲云图中讲述了六个故事吧这六个故事如果单独拿出来拍电影是这样的1奴隶买卖航海旅行庄园主家庭纠纷财富阴谋男主角心路历程...

云图 观后感

云图观后感电影云图的时间线从十九世纪中到人类衰亡的一百多年后这么大的时间跨度虽然只用了六个故事来连接但是却基本没有冗长的感觉影片的开头六个故事简短快速的掠过让人印象十分深刻虽然电影后面有导演在炫技的感觉但总体来...

马云与80后对话观后感

马云与80后对话观后感君远1001蔡葳丰0401100301今天在网上看了马云和80后对话的视频我很有感触了解到80后关于生活爱情创业的一些想法看了这一视频后我感到他们遇到的问题中有的也是我会遇到的说到马云也许...

在云端 观后感(7篇)