走遍美国txt

时间:2024.4.13

走遍美国Lesson01-1

Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart.对不起 我叫Richarrd Stewart 
I'm a photographer.我是一位摄影师。 
May I take a picture of you and your little boy? 我可以替你和你的小男孩拍一张照吗? 
What's it for? 是做什麽用的 
It's for a book.是为一本书拍的。 
You're writing a book?你在写一本书吗? 
It's a book of pictures.这是一本摄影集。 
I call it Family Album, U.S.A. 我称之为 美国写真真 
Oh, that's a nice idea.噢 这想法不错。 
Well, it's fine if you take our picture.你想拍我们的照 就就请吧 
I'm Martha Vann.我叫Martha Vann。 
Thank you. I appreciate your help.谢谢 很感谢 的帮帮助 
I'm Richard. What's your name?我是Richard 你叫适谗 
Gerald. Gerald。 
How old are you, Gerald? Gerald 你今年多大大 
Five. 五岁。 
And where do you live? 你们住在哪 
We live in California. 我们住在Californiaa 。 
Well, welcome to New York. 噢 欢迎你们到纽约约来 
OK, just a second. 好了 请稍等一下。 
I'm almost ready here. 我快要准备就绪了。 
Can I help you? 我能帮你忙吗 
Oh, please. 噢 太好了。 
Hold Gerald's hand, please. Great! 请握住Gerald的手。。很 
Now point to the buildings. 现在请指著那些建筑筑物 
Terrific! 好极了 
Give Mommy a kiss, Gerald. Nice! Gerald 亲一亲妈妈妈 很 
Thank you, Gerald. 谢谢你 Gerald。 
And thank you, Mrs. Vann. 谢谢 Vann太太 
Oh, my pleasure. 噢 不客气。 
We'll be looking for your book. 我们会去买你的书。 
Thank you. Good-bye. Bye, Gerald. 谢谢。再见。Geraldd 再见。 
Thanks again. 再次谢谢 。 
Oh, you're welcome. 噢 请别客气。 
Hey, let me take your picture! 嘿 让我给 拍一张张 
Wonderful. Please. 好啊 请。 
Are you from New York? 是从纽约来的吗 
No, I'm from Greece. 不是 我是从希腊来来的 
I'm an exchange student. 我是一名交换学生。 
When did you come here? 是什麽时候来这 的 
Three months ago. 三个月之前。 
Your English is very good. 的英语说得很好。 
Thanks. 谢谢你的 奖。 
I studied English in school. 我是在学校 学的英英语 
Would you like some coffee? 要不要来点咖啡 
No, thank you. 不要 谢谢。 
Tell me about your book. 谈谈你的书吧。 
Oh, it's not finished yet, 噢 它尚未完成 
but I have some of the pictures. 但我手头有一些照片片 
Would you like to see them? 要不要看一看 
Yes. I'd like that. 要啊 我想看一看。 
Here they are. Family Album, U.S.A. 就在这 。 美国写写 
It's an album of pictures of the United States: 是关於美国的 
the cities, the special places, and the people. 一些城市 一些特别别的地方以及人们的摄影选辑 
And these are pictures of people working: 这是工作中人们的照照 
steelworkers, bankers, police, street vendors, 钢架工人 银行职员员 警察 街头小 
steelworkers, bankers, police, street vendors, 钢架工人 银行职员员 警察 街头小 
ambulance drivers, doctors.... 救护车驾驶 医生等等等… 
Oh, this is my father. He's a doctor. 噢 这是我父亲 他他是一名医生 
This is my mother. 这是我母亲。 
What's her name? 她叫什麽名字 
Ellen. Ellen。 
My younger brother, Robbie. 这是我弟弟Robbie 
He goes to high school. 他在上高中。 
This is my sister Susan. 这是我妹妹Susan 
She works for a toy company. 她在一家玩具公司工工作 
Here's my grandfather. He lives in Florida. 这是我祖父 他住在在Florida 
And this is my wife Marilyn. 这是我太太Marilyn 
Oh, she's very pretty. 噢 她很漂亮。 
Thanks. And what about your family? 谢谢。那 的家庭呢 
They are in Thessaloniki. 他们住在Thessaloniiki 
That's a large city in northern Greece. 那是希腊北部的一个个大城市 
But now I'm living in the Bronx. 但现在我住在Bronx乔  
With a Greek-American family? 跟希裔美国家庭住吗 
No. Hispanic. 不是 是西语裔家庭庭 
Oh no! It's five thirty. 哎呀 已经五点半了了 
Will you excuse me? 我失陪了 
I have to meet my wife. 我得去接我太太。 
It was nice meeting you. 非常高兴遇见你。 
It was nice meeting you. 非常高兴遇见你。 
It was a pleasure meeting you, too. 我也很高兴碰到 。 
Thanks for your help. 谢谢 的帮助。 
And good luck! I've got to go. 祝 好运 我得走了了 
By the way, I'm Richard. 噢 我忘了说 我叫Richar 
What's your name? 呢 
Alexandra. Alexandra。 
Bye-bye, Alexandra. Thanks. 再见 Alexandra 谢谢。 
Bye-bye. Richard! Richard! You left your bag! 再见。Richard Ricchard 你掉了一个旅行袋。

走遍美国Lesson01-2

Excuse me, officer.                               对不起 警官。 
Can you help me? 你能帮帮我吗 
Sure. 当然可以。 
Can you tell me 你能告诉我 
how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale? 怎麽去Riverdale的亮值墙致? 
"Richard Stewart, 46 Linden Street, “Richard Stewart 林登街46号 
Riverdale, New York." Riverdale 纽约” 
You should take the number 1 subway. 应当搭一路地铁。 
Is there a station near here? 附近有地铁站吗 
Yes. The station's that way. 有。地铁站在那边。 
You should take the number 1 train 搭一路车 
to Van Cortlandt Park. 到Van Cortlandt公栽 下车。 
Number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park. Thank you. 一路车到Van Cortlaandt公园。谢谢。 
Anytime. Good luck. 不用谢。祝 好运。 
Remember, the number 1 train. The uptown platform. 记住 搭一路车 在在北 月 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
You're welcome. 不客气。 
Is this pink too bright for me? 我穿粉红色会不会太太过 恃蘖 
Mmm-hmm. It is a very bright pink. 是的 这种粉红是亮亮了点 
Try this. It's size eight. 试试这一件。尺码是是八号 
But I wear size ten. 但我穿十号的衣服。 
How about green? It's size ten. 绿的怎麽样 它是十十号的 
Let me try it on. 让我试试看。 
I'm taking too much of your time. 我耽误了 很多时间间 
It's six o'clock. 已经六点了。 
Where's my husband? 我丈夫怎麽还没来 
Where's my husband? 我丈夫怎麽还没来 
I was expecting him here at five forty-five. 我们约好了五点四十十五在这 会面的 
Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour. 别担心。这个时间交交通很 导贰 
I know. But we're going to be late for dinner. 我知道。但我们晚餐餐可要迟到了 
I'll take this green sweater. 我买这件绿毛 衫吧 
I like the color on me, don't you? 我觉得这种颜色较适适合我 说 
I think it looks terrific on you. 我觉得 穿上它好极极了 
I'm sorry I'm so late. 对不起 我迟到了这这麽久 
I had a really bad day. 今天真是糟透了。 
It's ten after six. We're late. 现在是六点十分。我我们迟了 
Robbie's cooking tonight, and dinner's at six thirty. 今晚Robbie作饭 晚晚餐六点半开始 
I know. I know. I'm really sorry. 我知道 我知道。真真的很抱歉 
I left my bag of film on the ferry. 我把装底片的旅行袋袋遗放在渡船上 
I went back for it, but the ferry was gone. 等我回去找的时候 船已经开走了。 
I lost a whole day's work. 我丢掉一整天的工作作成果 
I'll call the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office. 我来打电话给Statenn 渡轮的失物招领处。 
I didn't think of that. Thanks. 我倒没有想到这个法法子。谢了 
Hello. 喂 
Yes. The number, please, 我想问一下 
of the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office. Staten 渡轮失物招招领处的电话号 
Five five five...zero eight zero eight. 555-0808。 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
I really appreciate it, Marilyn. 真的很感谢 Mariilyn。 
I really appreciate it, Marilyn. 真的很感谢 Mariilyn。 
Hello. 喂 
Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon, 请问今天下午有人捡捡到一个照像机旅行袋 
a small canvas bag, 一个小的粗帆布袋 
on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry?...No? 是在J. F. Kennedy汉 渡船上丢的。……没有吗 
Maybe someone will find it. 也许会有人发现的。 
The name is Stewart, Richard Stewart. 失主是Stewart Ricchard Stewart。 
And the telephone number is five five five... 电话是555- 
three oh nine oh. Thank you. 3090。谢谢 。 
Sorry, Richard. They don't have it. 对不起 Richard 怂 们那 没有。 
Thanks, anyway. 不管怎样 我都得谢谢谢 
There was a girl on the ferry. 在渡船上有一个女孩孩 
Now maybe... 也许现在…… 
Tell me about it on the way home. 在回家的路上告诉我我吧

走遍美国Lesson01-3

And give her a teaspoon of the medicine after every meal. 每餐之後给她吃一茶茶匙的药 
Don't worry. She'll be fine. 不要担心 她会好的 
You're welcome. Good-bye. 不用谢。再见。 
How are you? 你怎麽样 
I'm tired and hungry. 我累了 也饿了。 
Well, Marilyn and Richard called. 好啦 Marilyn和Ricchard打电话来了 
They'll be here soon, and then we'll eat. 他们马上就到。他们们一到就开饭 
All right. Is...is Susan coming? 好吧 Susan来吗 
Well, she'll be here later. 来 她会晚一点。 
She has to work late tonight. 她今晚得工作得晚一一些 
And what's Robbie cooking for dinner? Robbie为晚餐准备了了什 
It's a surprise. 会给你一个惊喜。 
I hope it's pasta. 我希望是义大利 呈场 
Robbie, the dinner was terrific. Robbie 晚餐真是棒棒透 
Yes, it was delicious. 对 味道非常好。 
What's for dessert? 有什麽甜点呢 
Oh, I forgot dessert. 哦 我忘了甜点了。 
Robbie! Robbie 
Don't worry. 别愁。 
We've got lots of ice cream. 我们有很多冰淇淋。 
Oh, I'd love some ice cream. 哦 我想吃冰淇淋。 
Well, there's chocolate and coffee and a little vanilla. 好的。这 有巧克力力冰淇淋 咖啡冰淇淋和一点香草的 
I'll have vanilla. 我要香草的。 
Is that all right with everyone? 各位有意见吗 
I'll have chocolate. 我要巧克力的。 
Me, too. 我也是。 
Uh, one scoop of coffee 我要一勺咖啡的 
Uh, one scoop of coffee 我要一勺咖啡的 
and one scoop of chocolate for me. 和一勺巧克力的。 
Robbie, will you help me serve? Robbie 你能帮帮我我 
I keep thinking about that bag of film. Eight rolls. 我一直在想著旅行袋袋的事。一共有八卷 
A whole day's work. 一整天的成果呀。 
And good stuff, too. 而且都很精采。 
Don't worry, Richard. 别担心 Richard 
Somenoe will find it. 总有人发现它的。 
I'll get it. Hello. 我去开门。哈 
Hello. 哈 
Does Richard Stewart live here? Richard Stewart住照 吗 
Yes, he's my brother. 是的。他是我哥哥。 
I'm Robbie...Robbie Stewart. 我叫Robbie Robbiee Stewart。 
I'm Alexandra Pappas. 我叫Alexandra Papppas 
How do you do? 你好。 
Your brother left his bag of film on the ferryboat. 你哥哥将他的旅行袋袋遗放在渡船上了 
I found it. 我发现了它。 
I'm really glad to see you. 非常高兴见到 。 
I mean...my brother'll be really glad to see you! 我的意思是我哥哥见见到 会非常高兴 
Robbie! Who is it? Robbie 是谁呀 
It's Richard's film! Richard的底片找到 
I mean, Alexandra Pappas. 我是说Alexandra Paappas。 
Come in, please. 请进。 
Come in, please. 请进。 
Alexandra! Alexandra 
Hello, Richard. I found your bag! 哈 Richard 我照业 你的旅行袋。 
Oh, thank you! Thank you! 哦 谢谢 谢谢 。 
Um...Alexandra, let me introduce you. 噢……Alexandra 热梦依 介绍一下。 
This is my wife Marilyn. 这是我太太Marilyn 
Richard showed me your photo. Richard给我看了 档恼 片。 
How do you do? 好 
Oh yes. 好 
Richard told us all about you. Richard跟我们谈起 。 
It's nice to meet you. 很高兴见到 。 
And this is my mother, Ellen Stewart. 这是我妈妈 Ellen Stewart。 
How do you do? 好。 
And my father, Dr. Philip Stewart. 这是我父亲 Philipp Stewart医生。 
Nice to meet you, Alexandra. 很高兴见到 Alexxandra。 
And...ah...you met Robbie. 还有……啊 已经经见过Robbie 
Yes. And you must be Susan. Hi. 是的。 一定是Susaan了。嗨 
Hi. Welcome. 嗨 欢迎 。 
I'm so glad you found the bag 我很高兴 发现了旅旅行 
and took the time and trouble to return it. 而且不怕麻烦 花时时间将它送来 
Oh, it was no trouble. 哦 没什麽麻烦。 
I just took the wrong train. 只是我坐错了车。 
Would you like something to eat? 来吃点东西 好吗 
Would you like something to eat? 来吃点东西 好吗 
Thank you, no. 谢谢 不用了。 
I'm late for dinner at my house. 我回家吃晚饭要迟到到了 
I really have to go. 我真的得走了。 
Would you like to call home? 想跟家 通个电话话 
I'd appreciate that. 谢谢你让我使用电话话 
Please, use the phone. 请随便用。 
Thanks. Excuse me. 谢谢。失陪 一下。 
Alexandra's a high-school exchange student from Greece. Alexandra是从希腊 来的交换高中生。 
Where does she live? 她住在哪 
With a family in the Bronx. 住在Bronx区的一个技彝 。 
Oh, that's not too far from here! 噢 那 不很远 
Take it easy, Robbie. 不要太紧张 Robbiee。 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
I can only stay a few minutes. 我只能停留几分钟。 
Have some iced tea. 喝点冰茶吧。 
Thanks, Mrs. Stewart. 谢谢 Stewart太太

走遍美国Lesson01-4

Excuse me. Can you help me? 对不起 你能帮帮我我 
Sure, what do you want? 可以啊。什麽事 
Where is 83 Wooster Street? Wooster街83号在哪 
That's easy. Walk to the corner. 很好找。你走到拐角 
Then make a left turn. 然後向左转〃 
Then walk two blocks to the traffic light. 再走两条街到红绿灯灯 
Make another left to Wooster. 再向左转就到了Woosster街了。 
Thank you. 谢谢你。 
To the corner and then a left? 走到拐角向左转对吗 
Yeah. A left. 是的 向左转。 
Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents. 要热狗吗 只要七十十五分钱 
No. Thank you. I have a dinner date. 不 谢谢。我要去赴赴晚餐约会 
555-9470...and it's busy.... 555-9470…… …… 
Try again. 再试一次。 
555-9470...and it's still busy. 555-9470……又 
Excuse me, ma'am. 对不起 夫人 
I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street. 我想找Wooster街83汉拧 
Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks, 噢 Wooster街还有亮教踅值木嗬 
and 83 is to the right, about two houses. 83号是在右边 大约约过两栋房子就到了 
Thank you, thank you! 谢谢 谢谢 
You're welcome. 不用谢 
Who is it? 谁呀 
Harry Bennett. Is this Susan? Harry Bennett 是SSusan吗 
Yes, it is. Come up. 是的 是我。请上来 
I'm on the top floor. 我在顶层。 
Hello, Harry. It's nice to meet you. 你好 Harry 很高行思  。 
Nice to meet you, Susan. 很高兴见到 Susaan。 
Sorry I'm late. 很抱歉我迟到了。 
The traffic. The parking. I was lost. 交通拥挤 又找不到到停车的地方。我又迷路了 
What pretty flowers! Thank you. 好漂亮的花!谢谢你 
Oh, please come in. 噢 请进来。 
Don't worry about being late. It's fine. 别为迟到 心了 没没有关 
Excuse the mess. I just moved here. 请不要介意这 乱得得很 我刚刚搬来住 
Oh, I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn. 噢 我来向你介绍我我嫂子Marilyn 
Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett. Marilyn Stewart 照馐荋arry Bennett。 
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴见到 。 
Nice to meet you, Harry. 我也很高兴见到你 Harry。 
Nice to meet you, Harry. 我也很高兴见到你 Harry。 
Are we too late for our dinner reservation? 我们会不会错过晚餐餐订位时 
No, the restaurant will hold our table. 不会 餐厅会保留我我们的席位 
I know the owner very well. 我和老板很熟。 
I eat there a lot. 我在那 吃过好多次次 
Do you know the phone number of the restaurant? 知道那家餐厅的电电话号码 
I'd like to call home 我想打电话回家 
and leave the number with the baby-sitter. 把餐厅的电话告诉临临时保姆 
Sure. The number is... five five five...seventeen twenty. 没问题 号码是555--1720。 
May I use the phone? 我可以用电话吗 
Five five five...one seven two oh. Hello? 555-1720 喂 喂? 
Hi, Michelle. It's Daddy. 嗨 Michelle 是爸爸爸 
Can I speak to Betty? 我能跟Betty说话吗? 
I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant.... 我要留餐厅的电话号号码给她 
Hi, Betty. I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty. 好 Betty 我的汉怕胧?55-1720。 
OK. Thanks. See you later. 好 谢谢。再见。 
Well, that's done. Shall we go? 好了 打完了。我们们可以走了吗 
I'm ready. See you later, Marilyn. 我准备好了。Marilyyn 再见。 
Have a nice evening. 祝你们今晚愉快。 
Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again. 再见 Marilyn。希屯 能再看到 。 
Me, too. Have fun! 我也是。祝你们愉快 
Thanks. 谢谢。 
After you. 请先走。 
After you. 请先走。

走遍美国Lesson01-5

Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome! 嗨 Stewart小姐 换队  
How are you? 好吗 
Fine, Somsak. And you? 很好 Somsak 你呢 
Fine, thank you. 很好 谢谢 。 
This is my friend Harry Bennett. 这是我的朋友Harry Bennett。 
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 
Very nice to meet you. 很乐意见到你。 
Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's. Stewart小姐的任何排笥言赟omsak餐厅都是受欢迎的。 
Follow me, please. 请跟我来。 
I like it here. 我喜欢这 。 
I do, too. I come here often. 我也是。我常来这 。 
A special place for special people. 这是为特殊人物而设设的特别地方 
Thank you, Somsak. 谢谢你 Somsak。 
Well! Nice restaurant. 嘿 这是一家好餐厅厅 
Would you like something to drink? 你们要点什麽饮料吗 
Yes, I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice. 是的 我要一杯加冰冰块的 味汽水 
Harry, what would you like? Harry 你要什麽 
Do you have a dry white wine? 你这 有涩白酒吗 
How about a California chablis? 来一杯California白白葡萄酒好 
Chablis is fine. 好的。 
What would you like to eat? 你们要吃点什麽 
I'd like the mee krob. 我喜欢mee krob 
Harry, would you like to see a menu? Harry 你想看看菜档ヂ 
No, it's Ok. 不用 没有关 。 
I'll have the mee krob also. 我也要mee krob。 
What is it? 那是什麽 
Crispy fried noodles. I love them. 酥炒 。我喜欢吃。 
May I bring you a salad? 要不要来点沙拉呢 
Oh yes. 噢 好啊。 
Oh yes. 噢 好啊。 
What do you recommend today? 今天你推荐什麽沙拉 
I recommend rose-petal salad. 我向你们推荐玫瑰花花 沙拉 
Special for new friends. 特地为新朋友准备的的 
Rose-petal salad? 玫瑰花瓣沙拉好吗 
Why not? 有何不可 
I'll take care of everything. 我会好好照料一切。 
I hope you're hungry. 我希望你饿了。 
What? Oh, yes. Starving. Well, I... 什麽 噢 是 我很很饿。好啦 我… 
Well, I ... 好啦 我…… 
What do you do at Universe Toy Company? 你在宇宙玩具公司做做什麽工 
I'm the vice-president of new toy development. 我是负责新玩具开发发的副总裁 
Terrific! 了不起 
I know you 're a CPA. 我知道你是一位会计计师 
That's true. Harry Bennett, 是的。Harry Bennet 
certified public accountant. 立案会计师。 
I love numbers. 我喜欢弄数字。 
I do some work for Smith and Dale, 
Your company's accounting firm. 我为贵公司的会计顾顾问公司 Smith和Dale事务所 做一些工作 
And so... 所以……加And so] 
Here we are. 所以我们才有缘相见见 
Yes. 是啊。 
I have a daughter. 我有一个女儿。 
I know. How old is she? 我知道。她多大了 
She's nine years old. 她九岁。 
That's a nice age. What's her name? 正是美妙年龄。她什什麽名 
Michelle. Michelle。 
Do you have a picture of her? 你有她的照片吗 跋跋du ju hGv K 'pIkQX Kv hS 
She's very pretty. 她很漂亮。 
Thank you. 谢谢 。 
Rose-petal salad. 玫瑰花瓣沙拉。 
And there's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett. Bennett先生 有你档牡缁啊 
Excuse me, Susan. 对不起 Susan。 
I hope nothing is wrong. 但愿没有事。 
I'll get the rest of the dinner. 我去把晚餐的其馀东东西端来 
Excuse me. 失陪。 
Please forgive me, Susan, but... 请原谅我 Susan 档 …… 
I have to leave. I feel terrible, but... 我得走了。真是糟糕糕透了 但… 
What's the matter? 发生了什麽事 
My daughter isn't feeling well. 我女儿感到不舒服。 
Oh no! Is it serious? 噢 糟糕 严重吗 
I don't know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, 我不知道。临时保姆姆说她肚子 
and she's crying. 她一直哭。 
I'll have to go home. 我必须回家一趟 
Will you forgive me? 能原谅我吗 
Of course. I'm so sorry for Michelle. 当然。我为Michellee担心。 
And you didn't have a chance to eat. 而且你什麽也没有吃吃 
Oh, it's OK. 噢 没关 。 
Let me take you home first. 先让我送 回家吧。 
No, no. Please, go ahead. 不用 不用。你走吧吧 
It's our first date. 这是我们的第一次约约会 
We'll make another. 我们还可以再次约会会 
Please don't worry. 请别 心。 
I'll phone you. 我会给 打电话的。 
I hope your daughter is all right. Good-bye. 我希望你女儿安然无无恙。再见 
Good-bye. 再见。 

走遍美国Lesson01-6

What happened? 怎麽了 
The baby-sitter called. 临时保姆打电话来了了 
His daughter is sick. 他女儿生病了。 
What's wrong? 什麽病 
I think she has a stomachache. 我想她肚子痛。 
He's a good father. 他是个好父亲。 
So... what do you think of him? 那麽……你觉得他怎怎麽 
He's very nice. 他很不错。 
But I think he was nervous tonight. 但我想他今晚有点紧紧张 
It was his first date in two years. 这是他两年来第一次次约会 
Will you see him again? 你会再见他吗 
I hope so. 我希望如此。 
This food is delicious. 这菜 味道不错。 
He didn't get a thing to eat. 他什麽也没有吃。 
You ordered enough for three or four people, 你叫了够三 四个人人吃的 
but I'm not complaining. 但我毫不在意。 
The food is delicious. 菜 好吃极了。 
Who is that? 那是谁呀 
Do you think it's... 你想会是…… 
No. You won't believe it, Marilyn! 不会。 简直无法相相信 Marilyn 
I believe it. Even without looking. 我能相信。即始不看看我也知道 
Hi! 嗨 
How...? 你怎麽…… 
Your downstairs neighbor let me in. 楼下的邻居让我进进来的 
Did you go home? 你回家了吗 
I did , but everything is OK, 回去了 但一切安好 
so I decided to come back. 於是我决定回来。 
To apologize for leaving so early, 为了表示我对提早走走掉的歉 
I brought you a little gift. 我给 带了一件小礼礼物 
It's a bonsai tree 这是一颗盆栽 
for your new apartment. 祝贺 迁新居。 
Hi, Marilyn. I hope it's not too late. 好 Marilyn 我舷 望我来得不算太晚。 
Oh, not at all. We're still eating. 噢 没关 。我们还还在吃著呢 
Please, come in. Join us. 请进。跟我们一起吃吃吧 
It's our meal from the restaurant. 这是从餐厅带回来的的菜 
It's our meal from the restaurant. 这是从餐厅带回来的的菜 
And how is your daughter? 对了 你女儿怎麽样 
Oh, she's fine. 噢 她没事了。 
It was only a tummy ache. 仅仅是肚子有点痛。 
It's good that you went back. 你回去是对的。 
Yes, I think it's important for me to be there 是的 我想我在场是是非常重要 
since her mother died. 因为她妈妈去世了。 
I agree. Aren't you hungry? 我想是的。你饿了吗 
As a matter of fact... I am hungry. 老实说……我饿了。 
There's lots of food left. 这 还剩下很多食物物 
Mmm, this is delicious! 嗯 很好吃 
Enjoy! 那就享受吧 
I'm going to excuse myself. 很抱歉失陪。 
I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow. 我得为明天做许多准准备工作 
Good night, Harry. It was nice meeting you. Harry 很高兴与你技 面。 
Bye, Marilyn. 再见 Marilyn。 
Good night, Susan. 晚安 Susan。 
Good night, Marilyn. 晚安 Marilyn。 
She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow. 她将参加明天在本市市举行的时装表演 
She is sleeping here 她晚上住在这儿 
so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning. 免得早上从Riverdalle赶过来。 
You two must be close. 们两个关 一定很很好 
we are. 是的。 
we are. 是的。 
The whole Stewart family is close. Stewart全家人相处档 很好。 
I like that. 我喜欢这样。 
And then, two years ago, my wife died. 接著 两年前我妻子子去世了 
You miss her. 你思念她。 
I do...yes, but I have Michelle... 不错……是的 但我我还有Michelle… 
and with time... 而且随著时间流逝…… 
Is there anyone else in your life? 在你生活中还有其他他人 
No, not yet. What about you? 不 还没有。 呢 
Oh, I date occasionally, 哦 我偶尔约约会 
but my work keeps me busy. 但我老是忙於工作。 
Ooh, speaking of keeping busy- 哦 说到忙於工作 
I have an early start tomorrow, 我明天还得早起 
and the baby-sitter has to get home. 而且临时保姆也该回回家了 
Where did the time go? 时间溜到那 去了 
It's midnight. 都午夜了。 
Thank you, Susan. 谢谢 Susan 
I had a nice evening. 让我过了一个愉快的的夜晚 
Me, too, Harry. Harry? 我也很愉快 Harry  arry 
Yes? 什麽事 
I'd like to meet your daughter someday. 我希望有一天能见到到你女儿 
Does that mean that I can see you again? 是不是说我可以再见见 
Of course. 当然。 
Of course. 当然。 
Wonderful. I'll call you, 那太好了。我打电话话 
and we'll go out to dinner. 然後我们到外面吃晚晚饭 
Please do. 好呀。 
I promise I won't leave early. 我发誓我再也不会早早走了 
It was for a good reason. 你今天早走是有原因因的 
You know something? 知道吗 
What? 什麽 
I think we're going to be good friends. 我想我们可以成为好好朋友 
Good night, Susan. 再见 Susan。 
Good night, Harry, 再见 Harry

走遍美国Lesson02-1

WMarilyn, you want coffee or tea? Marilyn 要要咖啡还是 
Coffee, please. 请来点咖啡。 
I am so excited! 我感到好兴奋 
At this time tomorrow morning, 明早这时候 
Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us. 爷爷就和我们乙黄 坐在厨房 啦。 
When does he arrive? 他什麽时候到 
At six o'clock this evening. 今晚六点。 
By plane? 坐飞机来 
No, by train. 不 坐火车。 
Are we picking him up at the station? 我们要去车站浇 他吗 
Not Grandpa. 爷爷不是这种 
He doesn't want anybody picking him up. 他不愿意让别热 接他 
He likes to be independent. 他独立性很强 
Huh. 哦。 
Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room. 对 我们上去鬃急敢幌 爷爷的房间。 
Great! Let's do it! 好 我们去 
Good morning, Mom. 早安 妈妈。 
Morning. 早安。 
Well, hi, fellas. 你们大家好。 
Hello. 哈 。 
Hi, honey. 嗨 亲爱的。 
Morning, Marilyn. 早安 Marilynn。 
We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. 我们要上楼收适 一下爷爷的房间。 
There's coffee ready. 咖啡准备好了 
I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa. 一想到要见到乙  我就觉得兴奋。 
Me, too. Milk, please. 我也一样。请档 给我牛奶。 
He's so funny. 他很逗趣 
He always makes me laugh. 他总是让我笑 
I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us. 我希望爷爷喜换 和我们住在一起。 
I think he will. 我想会的。 
It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place. 总是需要一段适奔 才能适应一个新的环境。 
Won't he miss being in Florida? 他不会想念佛侣 里达吗 
Well, he will. 他会的。 
But I think he'll like being here with the family. 但我想他也会舷不 和全家人住在这儿。 
But I think he'll like being here with the family. 但我想他也会舷不 和全家人住在这儿。 
Are you sure about that? 你真的这麽想 
It's crazy here most of the time. 这儿经常吵吵哪帜帧 
But it's fun. 但很有趣。 
That's for sure. 说的也是。 
You know, 我说 
maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa 或许我把爷爷档 一些照片组合起来 
as a "welcome" present. 作为欢迎他的乙环 礼物。 
That's a neat idea. 这是个好主意 
What can I do? 那我能做点什鼢崮 
I've got it! 有啦 
I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. 我皮夹 有一照耪掌 是爷爷 爸爸和我在一起照的。 
It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast 那是在父子早膊突 上拍的 
at my junior high school graduation. 在我初中毕业档 时候。 
Oh, I remember this picture. 噢 我还记得照 张照片。 
I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station. 我真想去火车照窘 爷爷。 
Railroad stations or airports-- 无论是火车站换故 机场 
Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself. 爷爷总是说他换嶙 个儿设法到这 。 
He's something! 他真了不起 
Is this all Grandpa's stuff? 这 面都是爷乙 的东西吗 
That's it. 是的。 
But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train. 不过我相信他栽 火车上还有几件行李的。 
What's inside? 这 面是什麽 
What's inside? 这 面是什麽 
I don't know. It's locked. 不知道 锁著哪亍 
Hi. 嗨 
Oh, hi, darling. 哦 亲爱的。 
Morning, Philip. 早安 Philip 
I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. 我想在爷爷的乙鲁 放几个好的衣架。 
You know I'm very excited about his arrival. 知道我对他档牡嚼 是多麽兴奋。 
We are, too. 我们也很兴奋 
Susan called early this morning. Susan一大早打打电话来 
She's unhappy 她很不高兴 
because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip 因为她得到芝 加哥出差 
and can't leave till tonight. 而且要到今晚膊 能脱身。 
She wants to be here for Grandpa. 她原希望在此档 爷爷。 
Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. 爷爷也会感到适 望。 
He loves Susan. 他喜欢Susan。 
She always reminds him of Grandma. Susan总是让他他想起奶奶 
Well, how's everything here? 唔 东西都收适 好了吗 
Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk. 好啦。我们正哪擅 这只大衣箱呢。 
It's locked. 它锁著。 
Oh. I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me. 啊。钥匙在这 。爷爷寄来给我的。

走遍美国Lesson02-2

Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 对不起 请问照 个座位有人吗 
No, it's not taken. 没有 没人坐 
Oh, thank you. 啊 谢谢 
Oh, let me help you with this. 来 我帮 放汉谩 
Oh, thank you. 谢谢你。 
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐吗 
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不 不 不。挝蚁 欢坐在靠过道的地方。 
Please, you sit by the window. 你请靠窗坐。 
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart………Malcolm Stewart 
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴遇见 
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobiin 你好。 
Do you live in New York? 住在纽约吗 
No, no. I'm from Florida. 不 我从佛罗 里达来的。 
I am, too. But didn't you just get on? 我也是。可是 不是刚上车的吗 
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不 不。我刚膊 换了一下座位。 
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁边的那个热顺 
and smoke really bothers me. 我受不了。 
Where are you from in Florida? 你从佛罗里达档 什麽地方来 
Titusville. It's near Orlando. Titusville 栽贠rlando附近。 
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too. 世界真小。我乙彩谴覶itusville来的。 
Really? What part? 真的 什麽地 
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我丈夫住栽赟paceport附近。 
I know that area. 我知道那地方 
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家离Spaceeport只有几哩路。 
Do you still live there? 还住在那儿 
Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now. 啊 对 对。挝 丈夫现在就在那儿。 
He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不开 没鞍 法和我一 来纽约。 
Do you still live there? 你现在还住那抖  
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房子汉图 俱都卖了 
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些东西贩 进一个旧衣箱 
and shipped it to my children in New York. 运到我孩子那抖 去了 他们住在纽约。 
That's my destination. 那是我要去的档 方。 
Are you married? 你有家室吗 
My wife died four years ago. 我妻子四年前热 世了。 
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是个很好的排  一个真正的朋友。 
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我为你难过 照 的为你难过。 
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我为你难过 照 的为你难过。 
Lots of wonderful memories. 留下的是许多妹 好的回忆。 
We were married almost fifty years. 我们结婚将近挝 十年。 
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 准确点说 四适 七年。 
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下个月John和挝医 庆祝我们的结婚四十 年纪念。 
Oh, congratulations! That's nice. 啊 恭喜你们 太好了。 
What does John do? John现在做什鼢崾 
He's an aerospace engineer 他担任航太工吵淌 
and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation. 为Orlando飞机机公司工作 
He started with them almost forty years ago. 他在那 做了靠 四十年了。 
What do you do? 你现在做什麽构ぷ 
I just retired. Had my own company. 我刚退休。我栽 来开一家公司 
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff. 一家营造公司 P蘼 筑桥 都是大工程。 
But I just sold it and retired. 我前不久把它侣袅 然後退休。 
Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please. 对不起 太太 车票请拿出来看一下。 
Would you kindly hold these keys, please? 请帮我拿一下栽砍住 
I have a ticket, I know. 我知道我有车破薄 
I was in the smoking section. 我原本坐在吸 车厢的。 
It's OK, lady. Take your time. 没关 太太 B 慢来。 
I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin. 我相信是在 档 皮包 Tobin太太。 
Oh, here it is. 哦 在这 。 
And here are your keys. 的钥匙。 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
Do you have family in New York? 在纽约有亲热寺 
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City. 没有。我在纽栽加 很要好的朋友。 
We like to go to the theater together. 我们常一起去靠 戏。 
You said you have family in New York. 你说你在纽约佑星 人。 
Yes, indeed. 对 没错。 
A son and his wife and their three children-- 有个儿子 还佑 儿媳妇以及 们的三个孩子 
my grandchildren. 我的孙儿女们 
You must be excited. 您一定很兴奋 
I can't wait, to see them! 我恨不得马上技 到他们。 
Are you going to live with them? 您打算和他们乙黄 住吗 
Yes. 对。 
Permanently? 一直住下去 
Well... they want me to, 这……他们希屯 这样。 
but it's too early to know for sure. 但我现在还不哪 决定。 
I'm pretty independent. 我是独立性很乔 的人。 
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence, 我总是告诫孩鬃用 独立的重要。

走遍美国Lesson02-3

Ladies and gentlemen, 各位女士 各挝 先生 
Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City. 我们很高兴报父嬷钗 Amtrak火车就要到达纽约了。 
The train will be stopping in five minutes. 火车将在五分种 後靠站 
Please check to be sure you have your belongings. 请记得带您的行 李。 
And have a good stay in the Big Apple. 祝您在纽约愉 快。 
Thank you. 谢谢。 
Well, here we are. 好了 终於到览病 
It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart. 很高兴遇见你 Stewart先生。 
And nice meeting you, too, Mrs. Tobin. 我也很高兴见档 Tobin太太。 
Please look us up. 请和我们联络 
We're in the phone book. 我们家的电话汉怕 可以在电话簿上查到。 
Dr. Philip Stewart, in Riverdale. Philip Stewarrt大夫 在Riverdale 。 
Your son? 你的儿子 
That's right. And have a good time in New York. 对。祝 在纽 约玩得愉快。 
And don't be so independent. 不要再坚持独亮 个性了 
You're very lucky to have a caring family. 你很幸运有一父 温馨的家庭。 
When can we go fishing? 我们什麽时候热 钓鱼 
Robbie, we'll go fishing soon, Robbie啊 我妹 很快就会去。 
and we'll take your dad with us. 带你爸爸也一破 去。 
I'm ready, Grandpa. You name the day. 我准备好啦 乙 爷。哪一天随你挑吧。 
That's a great idea, Grandpa! 这太好了 爷乙  
Philip needs a day off. Philip需要休 假。 
Let's give him our presents--now. 现在把我们的览 物送给爷爷吧。 
Good idea. 好。 
Presents--for me? 礼物 给我的 
From me and Marilyn. Marilyn和我送送的 
And this one's from me. 这张是我送的 
I looked all over the house to find it. 我找遍了整间挝葑硬耪 到它。 
Richard, these are terrific pictures. Richard这些照照片真棒 
This one really brings back memories. 这一张的确唤 起了许多的回忆。 
You remember that day, Robbie? 你还记得那天侣 Robbie 
I sure do. It was fun. 当然。当时真佑 意思。 
Oh, I'm sorry Susan isn't here. 啊 可惜Susann不在。 
I miss her very much. 我非常想她。 
I miss her very much. 我非常想她。 
She feels bad, too, Grandpa. 她也很沮丧 乙 爷。 
She called to say the plane was delayed. 她打电话回来 告诉我们飞机误点。 
You know airports. 机场的事你是种 道的。 
I can't wait to see her. 我等不及要见怂  
She looks just like Grandma at that age. 她和她奶奶年乔 时候长得一模一样。 
I'd better unpack. 我还是先把行览 打开吧。 
I started traveling twenty-four hours ago. 从出门到现在乙 经二十四小时了。 
I'm not so young anymore. 我不再那麽年乔 了。 
Don't you want something to eat? 您想吃点什麽 
No, thanks. 不用了 谢谢 
After a good night's sleep, I'll enjoy breakfast even more. 好好睡一觉 妹 早吃早餐会更香。 
Well, come on, Dad. 好 来吧 爸 
Ellen and I'll take you to your room. Ellen和我带你你去你房间 
I'm sure glad you're here, Grandpa. 您来这 我真父咝 爷爷。 
Good night, Grandpa. 晚安 爷爷。 
Pleasant dreams. 祝你有个好梦 
Philip, do you have the key to the trunk? Philip 衣箱箱的钥匙在你那 
I have the key, but it doesn't work. 我有钥匙 但适强 不开箱子。 
I sent the wrong key. 我寄错了钥匙 
I have something for you. I made it myself. 我有件东西给哪忝 是我亲手做的。 
I think you'll enjoy it. 我想你们会喜换 的。 
I researched it for over a year. 我研究了一年抖唷 
I researched it for over a year. 我研究了一年抖唷 
It's our family tree. 这是我们的家破住 
Oh, Grandpa! How exciting! 啊 爷爷 真亮瞬 起。 
Fabulous! 真是令人难以种 信。 
Why, I didn't know that your grandfather was born in Germany. 你看 我竟然膊 知道您的爷爷出生在德国。 
Lots of interesting information about our family. 面很多我们技 有趣的东西呢 
A gift from me. 这是我的一件览 物。 
Thank you so much. 太感谢你了。 
Grandpa! Grandpa! 爷爷 爷爷 
Oh, Grandpa, I'm so happy to see you! 啊 爷爷 见档 您我真高兴。 
Oh, you look so beautiful, Susan. My granddaughter. 啊 真漂亮 Susan 我的好孙女。 
Like I always said, you look just like Grandma. 我老是说 照嫦 奶奶。 
I think you're going to be very happy here with us. 我想你和我们鬃 在一起会很愉快的。 
I know you will. 我想你会的。 
I don't feel alone anymore. 我再也不觉得构露 了。

走遍美国Lesson02-4

I am exhausted. My new exercise class is so hard. 我太累了。我哪切 的健身班太难了。 
Your new exercise class? 的新健身班 
Yeah. My new advanced exercise class. 对 新的高级浇 身班。 
Why advanced? 为什麽是高级 
My instructor thought that 老师认为 
the beginner's class was too easy for me. 初级课程对我览此 太容易了。 
Too easy for you? 对 太容易了 
Don't laugh. In the beginner's class, 别笑。在初级靠纬讨 
they give you a chance to rest between exercises. 你有机会休息 
So? 那又怎麽样 
The advanced class is nonstop. 高级课程 是妹挥行 息的。 
I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes 每天早晨我举种 六十分钟 
without stopping. 中间还不是没佑行 息。 
No problem. 小事一桩。 
Listen, Richard, 听著 Richard 
doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights.一小时的有氧 运动可与举重大不相同。 
Yeah. Quite a bit different. 是啊 相当不乙 样。 
I think aerobics is easy. 我觉得有氧运抖 很容易。 
I could work out in your class with no problem. 如果我去 的鞍 上做运动 一定不会觉得有问题。 
You think so? 你这样认为 
Oh, without a doubt. 啊 毫无问题 
When's the next class? 下一次上课什鼢 时候 
Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock. Try it. 明早上午十点 @ 试一试吧。 
Tomorrow morning after lifting weights, 明早举完重 
I'll try aerobics. 我去试试有氧 运动。 
It's a nap. Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock. 简单得很。明栽 十点。 
Aren't you going to the aerobics class this morning? 今天上午你不适 去上有氧运动课吗 
Of Course. Easy. No sweat. 当然 小事情  绝无问题。 
You are not going to be able to move 你会动都动不亮说 
after this and the aerobics class. 在你做完这个 又去上有氧运动课之後。 
Are you kidding me? 在取笑我 
It's going to be a piece of cake. 这种事不费吹 灰之力。 
You want to bet? 想打赌吗 
Yeah. What's the bet? 好啊 赌什麽 
I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning 我打赌我今天缮衔绲 的健身班运动一小时之後 
and not feel a thing! 丝毫不累。 
and not feel a thing! 丝毫不累。 
The bet is -- I win, and you cook dinner for the entire family. 这样赌好了 
Or you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family. 要是你赢了 挝 替全家做晚餐。 
It's a bet. 一言为定。 
Ok. Call my instructor, Jack Davis, right now. 好 给我的老适 ack Davis打个电话 现在就打。 
His number is 555-8842. 他的电话是5555-8842 
The advanced class starts at ten o'clock. 高级健身课十档 钟开始。 
Well, it's eight twenty now. 现在是八点二适 了。 
It only takes eight minutes by bicycle to the aerobics class. 骑自行车去上佑 氧运动课只需要八分钟。 
Give him a call. 打个电话给他 
Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health. Davis有氧运动动健身中心 
Jack Davis, please. 请找Jack Daviis。 
This is Jack Davis. 我就是Jack Daavis。 
Hello. This is Richard Stewart. 你好 我是Ricchard Stewart。 
My wife, Marilyn Stewart, is a member of your program. 我太太Marily Stewart是你的学生。 
I'd like to come to 我想 
the ten o'clock advanced class this morning. 今早十点来上哪愕 高级健身班。 
Oh, fine, fine. Be here a few minutes early. 啊 好 好。乔 早几分钟到这。 
You need to complete some forms before the class. 上课之前你得烫 一些表格。 
Thanks. I'm on my way over. 谢谢 我马上揪 来。 
Good-bye. 再见。 
Bye-bye. It's all set. I'm going. 再见。都安排汉 了。我现在就去。 
Bye. 再见。 
Bye. 再见。 
See you later. 待会见。 
Good luck. 祝你好运。 
Don't forget about the bet. 别忘了打赌的适隆 
Dinner for the entire family. 给全家做晚餐 
And that includes Susan. 包括Susan的。 
Don't you forget. 你自己别忘了

走遍美国Lesson02-5

OK, Richard. That's terrific. 很好 Richardd 真不错。 
Your pressure is 120 over 75, and that's fine. 你的收缩压是1120 舒张压 75。 
Now stand up, please. 现在站起来。 
Good, it's 122 over 80. 好 收缩压1222 舒张压80。 
You can sit down now. 现在你可以坐舷 了。 
When was your last complete physical? 上一次全身检 查是什麽时候 
Six months ago. 六个月以前。 
Good. Do you have any back or knee problems? 好。你的背部汉 膝关节有什麽毛病吗 
Nope. I am in perfect health. 没有。我身体汉 的很。 
What do you do for a living, Mr. Stewart? 你是做哪一行档 Stewart先生 
I'm a photographer. 我是摄影师。 
Interesting. What do you photograph? 很有意思。你排男 什麽样的照片呢 
Everything. The American scene. People, places, events. 什麽都拍。美构 风光。人物 地方 事件。 
Did you ever think of photographing an aerobics class? 你想过拍摄有蜒 运动课吗 
No...I can't remember taking pictures of people exercising. 没有 ……我汉孟衩挥信 过人们练健身操的照片。 
But don't you think it'd be a good subject? 你不觉得这是父 好题材吗 
Sure. 当然是。 
I need some good photos for my advertising, Mr. Stewart. 我做广告需要乙 些好照片 Stewart先生。 
Maybe you can photogragh a class, 也许你来拍一创 上课的情形 
and I can give you and Mrs. Stewart 我让你和你太 
a month of classes ree. 费上一个月的目巍* 
When can I photograph a class? 我何时才来拍缮峡文 
Anytime. 什麽时候都行 
How about today? 今天怎麽样 
Terrific! 太好了 
Hi. 嗨。 
Oh, hi. 噢 嗨。 
Oh, hi. 噢 嗨。 
Are we ready to go? 我们可以开始亮寺 
Yeah. Yeah. Let's get in our lines. 是啊 是啊。乔 排好位置。 
We're going to take it slow first. 开头我们要做侣 一点。 
Stretch up...and we're going to go left first ... 伸展……先向鬃 …… 
2,3,4 ... now switch. ... 2 3 4……现现在 左右交替… 
OK, hold to the right. 好 在右边停鬃  
Sunrises. Stretch it out. Flat back. 双手捧日。尽亮可 展。平背拉回。 
Bring it up ... and twists ... and side ... 2, 3 ... 身体打直……排 摆……侧身……2 3 …… 
and left ... push ... push ... turn ... hit the floor. 向左……推…  推……转身……坐地板。 
Take it side again .... OK, and switch. Stretch it out. 再侧身……好 左右交替。尽量伸展。 
And we're going to warm down with a tango. 我们用探 舞膊嚼 舒缓 
Left, right. Enjoy it. 左 右。放 
Richard, did you go to the Davis Aerobics class today? Richard 你去去上Davis有氧运动健身课了 
Yes, I went to the aerobics class today. 去了啦 我上亮 有氧运动课了。 
What is wrong with you? 你怎麽啦 
Nothing. I am in excellent health. 没什麽。我身烫 好的很。 
I have ideal blood pressure. A perfect heart. 我血压正常得汉 心脏也很好。 
In other words, I'm in wonderful condition. 总之 我身体贩浅 好。 
Richard, did you go to the aerobics class, really? Richard 你真真的上了有氧运动课 
And don't forget to invite Susan for dinner. 别忘了请Susann来吃晚餐。 
And your legs don't hurt? 你的腿不酸不 
Hurt? What do you mean? 酸痛 什麽意 
Hurt? What do you mean? 酸痛 什麽意 
What about your arms? Lift your arms up like this. 你胳膊怎麽样??手抬起来 像这样。 
And they don't hurt ot even a little? 换崴嵬* 一点点也不 
Nope. 不会。 
You are in great condition. I can't believe it! 你的身体太好览病 我简直不敢相信。

走遍美国Lesson02-6

Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me. 爷爷 Ellen Philip Robbie 你和我。 
That's six steaks. 六份牛排。 
Don't forget Susan. 别忘了Susan。 
Seven steaks. 七份牛排。 
Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy. 给全家人做晚膊 真不是件容易的事。 
The shopping: the salad: 买项目 沙 
tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and onions. 蕃茄 莴苣 换乒 洋 。 
The main course: steak and potatoes. 主菜 牛排和侣 铃薯。 
Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people? Richard 七个个人吃需要多少花椰 
Marilyn, I have to tell you something. Marilyn 我得得告 
At today's exercise class... 今天上健身课档 时候…… 
Yes, Richard. 说吧 Richardd。 
Well, I didn't really exercise. 嗯 我没有真档 上健身课。 
I knew it! 我就知道 
I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer. 我真的想参加缮峡 但Jack Davis要我拍照。 
I'm sorry, Marilyn. 对不起 Marillyn。 
I don't understand. Did you exercise or not? 我搞不懂 你档 底作了健身操没有 
No. Instead of exercising, I photographed the class. 没有 没有 挝以 给他们拍照。 
And you didn't exercise? 你没有参加健 身操 
No. 没有。 
There's another advanced class today at four o'clock. 今天下午四点种 还有一次高级班 
We'll go together. 我们一起去。 
What about the bet? 那打赌的事呢 
Oh, the bet is still on, but you shop for the groceries. 打赌人仍然有行 但你去买菜。 
Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family. 记得吗 你要适 赢了 我给全家做晚餐。 
You win, and I cook dinner for the entire family. 赢了 我给热  做晚餐。 
Including Susan. 包括Susan的。 
Four o'clock at the advanced exercise class. With me. 四点钟去高级浇∩砜 跟我一起。 
Don't forget to breathe. 别忘了呼吸。 
Skip, hop, front. 跳 蹦 向前 
Twist... again.... OK, now... scissors. 扭摆……再来  …好现在……张腿合腿。 
This is fun. It's a piece of cake. 有意思 毫不贩 力。 
Yeah. Just wait. 是啊 等著瞧 吧。 
5, 6, 7, go right, 1, 2, back, 5 6 7 向右右 1 2 後 
2, 3 , 1, 2, 3, pony, pony... 2 3 1 2 33 小马步 小马步 …… 
1, 2, 3, kick... 1, 2, 3, kick... pony. 1 2 3 踢 ……1 2 3踢……小马步 
And twist, twist. 扭摆 扭摆。 
OK. Let's pick up the pace. 好 把节奏加靠 一些。 
OK. Let's pick up the pace. 好 把节奏加靠 一些。 
How are you doing, Richard? 现在怎麽样 RRichard 
I can barely move. 我简直动不了览病 
2, 3, 4, front. Now we're going to run it off. 2 3 4 前踢踢。现在 我们来快跑 
Front... knees up, knees up. 前踢 膝盖抬父摺 
OK. Finish off by jogging in place. 好 结束之前栽 原地慢跑。 
OK. Keep those knees up. 好 膝盖抬高 
All right. That's it for today. 行了。今天就鬃 这些。 
Thank you, everyone. See you next week. 谢谢大家。下行 期见。 
Thank you, Jack, but no thank you. 谢谢你 Jack 但不谢 。 
The advanced exercise class is not so easy, huh? 高级健身班不适 那麽容易吧 对不对 
No, no, you were right. I was wrong. 确实不容易 
Come on, Richard. Get up. Let's go. 好啦 Richardd。起来。走吧。 
You have to cook dinner for the entire family. 你今晚得替全技易 晚餐呢。 
Marilyn, I'm exhausted. I can't move. Marilyn 我太太累了。简直动不了 
Oh, you'll do it. It's a piece of cake. 噢 你办得到档 。这不费吹灰之力。 
Excuse me, Richard, Marilyn. 打扰一下 Ricchard Marilyn。 
You are a terrific instructor, Jack. 你真是个了不破 的教练 Jack。 
Thanks. But I have a question. 谢谢。但我想挝室幌 
Is this your very first advanced aerobics class? 这是你第一次缮 有氧运动高级班吗 
Yes, it is. 是的。 
You are in great shape, Richard. 你的身体状 汉 极了 Richard。 
Very few people last in this class 很少人能够 
Very few people last in this class 很少人能够 
for the full hour the very first time. 第一次撑完一父 小时的课。 
It's true. You are in great shape. 这是真的。你档 身体很好。 
Thanks! 谢谢。 
I think we'll cook dinner together. 我想 我们一破 做晚餐了。 

更多相关推荐:
走遍美国-中英对照文本(绝对全面)

英语走遍美国全部中英对照1ExcusemeMynameisRichardStewart对不起我叫RichardStewartI39maphotographer我是一位摄影师MayItakeapictureofy...

英语短语

1abigheadache令人头痛的事情2afractionof一部分3amatterofconcern焦点4aseriesof一系列一连串aboveall首先尤其是5absentfrom不在缺席6abunda...

走遍美国 目录

走遍美国目录EPISODE146LindenStreet林登大街46号ACTIACTIIACTIIIANSWERKEYTheBlindDate介绍会面ACTIACTIIACTIIIANSWERKEYGrandp...

走遍美国目录

走遍美国走遍美国内容以住在纽约的一家三代人的生活为中心内容涉及美国各地风土人情社会生活的许多方面走遍美国内容以住在纽约的一家三代人的生活为中心内容涉及美国各地风土人情社会生活的许多方面第一课LindenStre...

走遍美国文本及笔记1-3

ACT31没什么我们有很多冰淇淋呢故事梗概在Stewart家晚饭前Richard的父亲PhilipStewart在和他的一个病人的家属通电话电话后他和妻子EllenStewart在谈论即将开始的晚饭随后Stew...

走遍美国第六课

EPISODE6Thanksgiving感恩节01absolutely绝对地1NothingAbsolutelynothing02balloon气球1LookatthatSupermanballoon03ban...

《走遍中国》观后感

观走遍中国之儒林湖乡寻鲜有感观看了走遍中国栏目播放的是金坛的儒林镇此次走遍中国栏目播放长荡湖畔的古镇儒林长荡湖属太湖水系整个流域内的雨水汇集入湖再浩浩荡荡经宜兴而汇入太湖为沿湖流域的农田灌溉提供了丰沛的水量金坛...

舌尖上的中国(观后感)

舌尖上的中国纪录片在央视播出后引起了很大的反响它是我所看过的中文纪录片中最好的一部它打败了同时段的热播剧几乎创造了一个中国纪录片的奇迹中国人的思想观念自然而深邃素来讲究国以民为本民以食为天以食文化为窗口渗透了浓...

《舌尖上的中国》观后感

真诚是艺术的第一要义感动自己才能感动别人自己相信才能说服别人这几天纪录片舌尖上的中国火了不仅吸引无数观众深夜守候垂涎不止更让许多人流下感动的泪水本来无论从选题还是从播出时间来看舌尖上的中国都只能算是荧屏上的弱者...

走遍中国读后感

走遍中国观后感今天我观看的电视节目走遍中国中国是一个资源丰富美丽富饶的文明古国它有优美的云南资源丰富的海南历经沧桑的北京幽静美丽的澳门走遍中国这个电视节目让我更了解了祖国顾名思义它向人们介绍的就是中国历史文化名...

《美丽中国,我的中国梦》读后感-张苑琛

美丽中国我的中国梦读后感302班张苑琛在寒假里我读了美丽中国我的梦这本书它详细记载了我们国家政治历史和自然情况使我增长了很多知识其中让我感到最惊讶的是人们常说的野生东北虎在野外仅有20只没想到它比大熊猫还要珍贵...

《美丽中国 我的中国梦》读后感四(2)班余颖琪

让我们行动起来吧让祖国天更蓝水更绿美丽中国我的中国梦读后感今天我读了美丽中国我的中国梦这本书其中最让我印象深刻最触动我心的是第7课江山如此多娇文章通过图文并茂给我们描绘了祖国的锦绣大地壮丽山河有中国海拔最高的雅...

走遍美国观后感(6篇)