Lesson 1 Introducing Yourself (第一课 自我介绍)
GIVING NAME AND JOB TITLE 说明姓名与职务
GREETING PEOPLE 问候他人
TALKING ABOUT YOUR COMPANY 谈论公司情况
In this unit...
Bibury Systems is a British company. It manufactures electronic toys. Edward Green starts a new job at Bibury System.
Jenny Ross shows Edward Green the company offices. Edward sees a new product:"Big Boss".
GERALDINE: Good morning. Bibury Systems. Can I help you?
杰拉尔丁: 早上好,Bibury系统公司。可以为你效劳吗?
JENNY ROSS: Good morning, Geraldine.
詹妮·罗斯: 早上好,杰拉尔丁。
GERALDINE: Good morning, Jenny. Your newspapers and the post.
杰拉尔丁: 早上好, 詹妮。这是你的报纸和信件。
JENNY ROSS: Thank you.
詹妮·罗斯: 谢谢。
CLIVE HARRIS: Good morning, Jenny. Good weekend?
克莱夫·哈里斯:早上好, 詹妮。周末过的好么?
JENNY ROSS: Excellent, thank you.
詹妮·罗斯: 非常好,谢谢。
CLIVE HARRIS: It is cold this morning.
克莱夫·哈里斯:今天上午真冷。
JENNY ROSS: Yes. Very cold.
詹妮·罗斯: 是的。真的很冷。
CLIVE HARRIS: Good morning, Geraldine.
克莱夫·哈里斯:早上好, 杰拉尔丁。
GERALDINE: Good morning, Mr. Harris. Your newspaper and your post. 杰拉尔丁: 早上好, 哈里斯先生。这是你的报纸和信件。
CLIVE HARRIS: Thank you very much.
克莱夫·哈里斯: 非常感谢。
JENNY ROSS: Good morning, Kate.
詹妮·罗斯: 早上好, 凯特。
KATE MCKENNA: Good morning, Jenny. How are you?
凯特·麦凯纳: 早上好, 詹妮。你身体怎样?
JENNY ROSS: I'm fine, thank you.
詹妮·罗斯: 很好, 谢谢。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning, Jenny.
堂·布拉德利: 早上好, 詹妮。
JENNY ROSS: Good MORNING, Don.
詹妮·罗斯: 早上好, 堂。
EDWARD GREEN: Good morning. My name’s Edward Green. I'm here to see Don Bradley.爱德华·格林: 早上好。我是爱德华·格林。我要见堂·布拉德利。
GERALDINE: Ah yes. One moment, please.
杰拉尔丁: 啊,好的。请稍等。
GERALDINE: Hello. Jenny, Edward Green is in reception. Please, sit down.
杰拉尔丁: 喂。詹妮, 爱德华·格林在会客室要见你。请坐。
EDWARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华·格林: 谢谢。
JENNY ROSS: Are you Edward Green?
詹妮·罗斯: 你是爱德华·格林吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华·格林: 是的。
JENNY ROSS: I'm Jenny Ross. How do you do?
詹妮·罗斯: 我是詹妮·罗斯。你好!
EDWARD GREEN: Hello. Pleased to meet you.
爱德华·格林: 你好。见到你很高兴。
JENNY ROSS: Welcome to Bibury Systems.
詹妮·罗斯: 欢迎光临Bibury系统公司。
EDWARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华·格林: 谢谢。
JENNY ROSS: I'm the Head of Administration in the Marketing Department. My boss is Don
Bradley. Well... our boss is Don Bradley! Let me show you the department.
詹妮·罗斯: 我是市场营销部的行政主管。我老板是堂·布拉德利。喔……我们的老板
都是堂·布拉德利!我来领你参观一下市场部。
JENNY ROSS: This is the Marketing Department. This is my desk. Er...that's Don's office. He's
not here at the moment. This is your desk. Telephone, PC, In-tray. Let me take
your coat.
詹妮·罗斯: 这就是市场部。这是我的办公桌。哦 ……那是堂的办公室。他现在不在。
这是你的办公桌、电话、电脑、公文格。我帮你放外套。
EDWARD GREEN: Thanks.
爱德华·格林: 谢谢。
JENNY ROSS: Over here is the stationery cupboard. Papers. Files. Pencils, etc. Help yourself
to what you need.
詹妮·罗斯: 这边是文具柜、纸张、文件、铅笔、等等。有需要尽管取用。
Here is the photocopier. And here is the fax machine. And this is the coffee machine.
这是复印机。这是传真机。这里是咖啡机。
Would you like a cup of coffee?
来杯咖啡?
EDWARD GREEN: No, thanks.
爱德华·格林: 不, 谢谢。
JENNY ROSS: Kate, this is Edward Green. He's our new Marketing Executive.
詹妮·罗斯: 凯特, 这位是爱德华·格林。他是新来的销售主管。
KATE MCKENNA: Ah, yes. Edward. Hello. Welcome to Bibury Systems Marketing Department. 凯特·麦凯纳: 啊。爱德华。你好。欢迎加入Bibury系统公司市场营销部。
KATE MCKENNA: Excuse me. Hello, Kate Mckenna.
凯特·麦凯纳: 打扰一下。你好, 凯特.麦凯纳。
EDWARD GREEN: What is Kate's job?
爱德华·格林: 凯特的工作职责是什么?
JENNY ROSS: She is Head of Sales. She is good.
詹妮·罗斯: 她是销售部的主管。她很能干。
EDWARD GREEN: Where does she fit into the company structure?
爱德华·格林: 她在公司架构中的位置是怎样的?
JENNY ROSS: Here's the company structure. You see Don is Sales and Marketing Director
and is on the Board. Kate reports to Don. You are here and you report to Don.
詹妮·罗斯: 公司架构是这样的。堂是销售和市场营销总监,是董事会的成员。凯特向堂报告工作。 你的位置在这儿,你向堂报告工作。
JENNY ROSS: This is the boardroom. Here we have a range of products. Our toys. Come on,
let's go to the R & D workshop.
詹妮·罗斯: 这是会议室。这里是我们的一系列产品。玩具。来,我们去看一下R & D车间。
EDWARD GREEN: I'm sorry. R & D?
爱德华·格林: 对不起。R & D什么意思啊?
JENNY ROSS: That's Research and Development.
詹妮?罗斯: 就是研发部,研究和发展的意思。
EDWARD GREEN: Ah, right.
爱德华?格林: 啊,明白了。
GERALDINE: ... Thank you for calling... Goodbye.
杰拉尔丁:…… 谢谢您的来电 …… 再见。
JENNY ROSS: The Managing Director's office is on the first floor. Clive Harris. We call him Clive.
詹妮?罗斯: 总裁的办公室在一楼。克莱夫·哈里斯。我们叫他克莱夫。
Ah, this is Clive's secretary, Sally.
啊, 这是克莱夫的秘书, 萨利。
EDWARD GREEN: hello.
爱德华?格林: 你好。
JENNY ROSS: And you have met Geraldine, our receptionist?
詹妮?罗斯: 这个你已经见过了,杰拉尔丁,我们的接待员?
GERALDINE: Hi.
杰拉尔丁: 你好。
JENNY ROSS: So, this is the Research and Development Department. This is Bob and that's
Pete. They are Research Assistants. And through here is Derek Jones’office. He
has a team of six people. Derek, this is Edward Green. He's our new...
詹妮?罗斯: 那,这就是研发部。这位是鲍勃,那个是皮特。他们是研发助理。这里过
去就是德里克·琼斯的办公室了。他的团队有六个人。德里克,这位是爱德
华·格林。他是我们新来的 ……
DEREK JONES: Please.
德里克·琼斯: 拜托。
JENNY ROSS: Oh, you're busy. Sorry.
詹妮?罗斯: 哦,你忙吧。对不起。
DEREK JONES: No. Please wait. There. Finished. Good. Do you like it?
德里克?琼斯: 不。请稍等。啊,完成了。很好。你喜欢吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Errr. What is it?
爱德华?格林: 哦,这是什么?
DEREK JONES: It's a toy. It's a new electronic toy.
德里克?琼斯: 是个玩具。是种新型电子玩具。
EDWARD GREEN: It's very good. Edward Green. Pleased to meet you.
爱德华?格林: 很好啊。爱德华·格林。见到你很高兴。
DEREK JONES: Derek Jones. Welcome to Bibury Systems.
德里克?琼斯: 德里克·琼斯。欢迎加入Bibury系统公司。
EDWARD GREEN: Thank you.
爱德华?格林: 谢谢。
DON BRADLEY: Edward Green starts today. He's the new Marketing Executive.
堂?布拉德利: 爱德华·格林今天开始上班。他是新的销售主管。
CLIVE HARRIS: Oh yes. Is he good?
克莱夫?哈里斯:哦。他行吗?
DON BRADLEY: I don't know. He's young. He's intelligent. He is well-qualified, but of course he
has no experience.
堂?布拉德利: 不知道。他年轻,聪明。他很合乎条件,但就是没经验。
DEREK JONES: So, that's the existing product range. This is a very new product. In fact, this is a prototype.
德里克·琼斯 那么,这就是现有的产品类别。这是个很新的产品。其实,这还是模型个模型。
EDWARD GREEN: What is it?
爱德华?格林: 是什么东西?
DEREK JONES: It's called Big Boss.
德里克?琼斯: 叫做 “大老板”。
EDWARD GREEN: Big Boss? What does it do?
爱德华?格林: “大老板”? 有什么功能?
DEREK JONES: Ahah! Look: Say"Hello, Big Boss".
德里克?琼斯: 啊!看着:说“你好,大老板”。
EDWARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华?格林: 你好, “大老板”。
DEREK JONES: No, no. Into the microphone.
德里克?琼斯: 不,不。对着麦克风说。
EDWARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华?格林: 你好,“大老板”。
DEREK JONES: Try again.
德里克?琼斯: 再试一次。
EDWARD GREEN: Hello, Big Boss.
爱德华?格林: 你好,“大老板”。
BIG BOSS: Hi. Edward. Welcome to Bibury Systems.
“大老板”: 你好。爱德华。欢迎加入Bibury系统公司。
CLIVE HARRIS: What do you think, Don?
克莱夫?哈里斯:堂,你认为怎么样?
DON BRADLEY: I don't like this design.
堂?布拉德利: 我不喜欢这个设计。
CLIVE HARRIS: I agree. It's not good. I like this one. He looks angry.
克莱夫?哈里斯:我有同感。还不是很好。我喜欢这个。他看上去生气的样子。
DON BRADLEY: Yes, I think it is very funny.
堂?布拉德利: 对,很有趣。
DEREK JONES: What do you think?
德里克?琼斯: 你认为怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: What about glasses?
爱德华?格林: 加上眼镜怎样?
DEREK JONES: That is very good.
德里克?琼斯: 太棒了。
DEREK JONES: Good idea! Brilliant!
德里克?琼斯: 好主意! 真聪明!
一、公司成员:
接待员:Geraldine 管理部门负责人:Jenny 销售部门负责人:Kate Bibury Systems总经理:Mr.Clive Harris
销售和营销部的经理:Don开发部负责人:Derek Jones
★★★★New words and expressions生词和短语★★★★
reception n.接待处 receptionist 接待员 Head of Sales 销售部负责人 Research Assistant研究助理
PC--personal computer 个人计算机 Marketing Executive 营销员 The Marketing Department 营销部
photocopier 复印机 Sales and Marketing Director销售和营销部的经理 product产品
in-tray收文篮(办公室里用来存放待处理信函的地方) R&D--Research and Development研究和开发部
fax machine 传真机coffee machine 煮咖啡壶 product range 产品总类 Sample样品 prototype样品(特指没上市的样品)The company structure公司结构 The Sales Department 销售部
Where do you fit into your company structure? 你在公司是做什么的?