One of the greatest early writers said ... "Knowledge is power", such is the regard of ... "......". That is how sb comment (criticize 评论/ praise称赞...). "......". How often we hear such words like there. Useful quotations
逆境
by Robert Collier
In every adversity there lies the seed of an equivalent advantage. In every defeat there is a lesson showing you how to win the victory next time.
努力与成功
by Ann Landers
Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.
坚持
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
No one can cheat you out of ultimate success but yourselves
Confucius 孔子
Our greatest glory is not in never falling...
but in rising every time we fall.
每个人都有忧郁的日子。
Everybody has blue days.
那些日子真是惨透了,你觉得心里乱糟糟的、怨气丛生、寂寞、整个人彻底的精疲力竭。
These are miserable days when you feel lousy, grumpy, lonely, and utterly exhausted.
那些日子总会让你感到自己的渺小和微不足道,
Days when you feel small and insignificant,
每件事情似乎都够不着边。
when everything seems just out of reach.
你根本无法振作起来。
You can’t rise to the occasion.
根本没有力气重新开始。
Just getting started seems impossible.
在忧郁的日子里,你可能变成偏执狂,觉得每个人都想要吃定你。
On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.
其实情况并不总是那么糟。
This is not always such a bad thing.
你感到灰心、焦虑,可能开始神经质地拼命咬指甲,然后不可救药地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大块巧克力蛋糕的疯狂!
You feel frustrated and anxious, which can induce a nail-biting frenzy that can escalate into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!
在忧郁的日子里,你会觉得自己在悲伤的海里沉沉浮浮。
On blue days you feel like you’re floating in an ocean of sadness.
不论在什么时候,你总有种想哭的冲动,却不知道为了什么。
You’re about to burst into tears at any moment and you don’t even know why.
最后,你觉得自己犹如行尸走肉,失去生活目标。
Ultimately, you feel like you’re wandering through life without purpose.
你不知道自己还可以撑多久,
You’re not sure how much longer you can hang on,
然后你想大喊一声:“谁来一枪把我打死吧!”
and you feel like shouting, “Will someone please shout me!”
其实一点小事就让你一天都郁闷难当。
It doesn’t take much to bring on a blue day.
也许只是一觉醒来,没有感觉到或者看到自己最棒的一面,
You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best,
发现自己又多了几条皱纹,又重了几斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一个大包。
find some new wrinkles, put on a little weight, or get a huge pimple on your nose.
你可能忘记了约会对象的名字,或是有张可笑的照片被登出来。
You could forget your date’s name or have an embarrassing photograph published.
你或许被人抛弃、离了婚,或是被开除,当众出丑,被刻薄的绰号弄得心乱如麻, You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname,
或许只因为你得整天顶着一个其丑无比的发型。
or just have a plain old bad-hair day.
也许工作让你痛苦得如坐针毡。
Maybe work is a pain in the butt.
你在强大的压力下顶替他人的位置,
You’re under major pressure to fill someone else’s shoes,
你的老板对你百般挑剔,
your boss is picking on you,
办公室里的每一个人都让你发疯。
and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.
你可能会头疼欲裂,
You might have a splitting headache,
或重心不稳跌个正着,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口干舌燥,
or a slipped dish, bad breath, a toothache, chronic gas, dry lips,
或是指甲长到肉里头了。
or a nasty ingrown toenail.
不管什么原因,你确定上面有人不喜欢你。
Whatever the reason, you’re convinced that someone up there doesn’t like you.
唉,该怎么办,到底该怎么办呢?
Oh what to do, what to dooo?
嗯,你可能跟大部分人一样,
Well, if you’re like most people,
随便找个东西躲起来,以为事情会自行解决。
you’ll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself out.
结果你得花掉下半辈子的时间回头看,
Then you’ll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder,
等着一次有一次重蹈覆辙。
waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.
最后你会变成一个易怒的、愤世嫉俗的,或者是 一个可怜兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。
All the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling victim.
最终你绝望地躺在地上,祈求地球将你吞没,或是沉迷在比利.乔的蓝调音乐中不能自拔。 Until you get so depressed that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow you up or, even worse, become addicted to Billy Joel songs.
这的确很蠢, This is crazy.
因为你只能年轻一次,而且绝对不可能老两次。
because you’re only young once and you’re never old twice.
第二篇:人生名言警句英文版
45 lessons in life人生教我的45堂课作者:Regina Brett,90岁美国俄亥俄州,克里夫兰,Plain Dealer城
1.Life isn't fair, but it's still good.人生是不公平,但还是好得很
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.怀疑的时候,朝着未来踏出一小步
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.人生太短,短到来不及浪费时间去恨任何人
4. Your job won‘t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
生病的时候,你的工作不会照顾你;你的朋友和父母会。与他们保持联系
每个月付清你的信用卡
Agree to disagree.
你不需要每一次都吵赢。同意你不同意的
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
找人一起哭,比独自啜泣更加疗愈
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.对上帝生气没有关系,祂受得了
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
讲到巧克力,抗拒只是徒劳无功
11. Make peace with your past so it won‘t screw up the present.
与你的过去和解,别让它搞砸你的当下
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.让你的孩子看到你哭没有关系
beautiful or joyful.
丢掉没用的,不美的,或不喜欢的东西
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
没让你死的事情,真的会让你更坚强
second one is up to you and no one else.
重拾快乐童年永不嫌晚,但这第二次只能靠你自己
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don‘t take no for an answer.
当事情关乎你的生命所爱,不要把不当答案
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.点蜡烛,用好的床单,穿上炫丽的内衣。不要等特殊场合才用,今天就是特别的一天
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
准备要周全,然后随遇而安
Don't wait for old age to wear purple.现在就离经叛道,不要等一把年纪了才开始穿上紫色
24. The most important sex organis the brain.
最重要的性器官是你的脑袋
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
除了你,没有人能主宰你的快乐
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will this matter?".用一句话概括你所有的不幸,并把它表框起来:“五年后,这还重要吗?”
永远选择生活
28. Forgive everyone everything.原谅每一个人每一件事
29. What other people think of you is
none of your business...
别人怎么看你,根本不关你的事…
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.时间会痊愈几乎每一件事,给自己时间,时间
无论情况多好或多坏,它都会变的
32.Don‘t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.不要对自己太过认真,没有人会这样做的
相信奇迹
34. God loves you because of who God is, not
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
不要谨慎地审视人生。现在就呈现出你最大的光环
36. Growing old beats the alternative —dying young.
变老了是胜利,它打败了另一种选项—死得早
你的孩子只有一个童年
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.真正最重要的是你爱过
39. Get outside every day.
Miracles are waiting everywhere.
每天都出门。奇迹在四处等着你
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else‘s, we’d grab ours back. 如果我们把自己的问题堆成一堆,然后看看其他人的,我们会把我们的捡回来
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.忌妒别人是浪费时间。
你已经拥有你所需要的一切
42. The best is yet to come.相信最好的即将来临
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.不管你感觉如何,起床,穿好和呈现
44. Yield.
善待每个人
45. Life isn‘t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
人生最终不会被打上蝴蝶结,但它仍然是一份礼物
It's estimated 93% won't forward this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward this with the title '7%'.I'm in the 7%. Remember that I will always share my spoon with you!
Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.据估计,93%的人不会转发这个邮件。
如果你是那7% 的人,请用“我在那7% 里面”作标题,将它转发出去。
说明你会认真对待你的人生,我就在那7% 里面。朋友是我们为自己选择的家庭成员。
Thanks for sharing, see you…感谢分享,后会有期…