I was hanging down that dark well.
我当日陷入痛苦的黑暗深渊
But the one thing I held onto was work.
只能寄情于工作。
I clutched it and clung to it with all my might.
倾尽全力,心无旁骛
Once I lost my temper with a bailiff,and in a fit of anger took a scythe and began mowing. 我怒火中烧时,就拿出大镰刀来刈草。
It calmed me. So I resolved to mow with them all day long.
这使我冷静下来。于是我决定与他们一起整天刈草。
As I mowed, I lost all count of item.
刈草时我忘掉了时光流逝。
I had no idea whether it was late or early.
有时不辨晨曦。
A change came about my work, which gave me intense satisfaction.
工作带来的改变令我悠然自得。
When I forgot what I was doing and mowed without effort,
我释然于怀,刈草毫不费力。
My line was almost as smooth and good as Titus’.
我用镰刀的纯熟可以跟泰特斯媲美。
More and more often now came those moments of obllivion.
往事浑然淡忘。
When it was not my arms which swung the scythe, the scythe seemed to mow by itself. 镰刀好像不是有我的手臂挥动,仿佛是自行刈草。
…… …… 余下全文